Company: Sun River Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Sun River Health provides the highest quality of comprehensive
primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who see
it, regardless of insurance status and ability to pay, especially
for the underserved and vulnerable. Sun River Health is a Federally
Qualified, Non-Profit Health Center serving communities in Suffolk,
Rockland, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Columbia and
Westchester County. Sun River Health is currently seeking a
full-time Dental Assistant to join our team in Southampton.
A Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting Dentists/
Hygienists as needed and preparing/dismantling operatory for
patient treatment. S/He will perform job duties in compliance with
systems and job specific standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Dental Assistant:
- Checks in patients and notifies providers that the patient is
- Monitors and updates charts; enter date of visit, department
and provider name on daily log sheet; adds sheets to medical
record; places and document radiographs in/on X-ray folder; places
treatment plans, periodontal charts, informed consent forms,
referral forms, and contracts for complex treatment into the dental
subdivision of the comprehensive medical record
- Records patient appointment data daily (i.e. no shows,
cancellations, emergencies, payment source [Medicaid, self-pay,
etc.]) to accurately collect monthly dental statistics
- Takes and processes radiographs as directed by the
- Assists dentists/hygienists with patient care.
- Follows OSHA standards of infection control under CDC
guidelines endorsed by department, JCAHO, organization, and
overseen by Infection Control Officer.
- Maintains supplies and instruments in dental operatory.
- Maintains dental laboratory, processes instruments, and
monitors lab cases (check-in of lab cases,pouring impressions where
indicated, storing cases, sending out lab cases, completing lab log
- Follows weekly and monthly maintenance procedures for all
Minimum Education Requirement: High School diploma/ GED
Preferred Education Requirement: Vocational/ Technical School/
Minimum Work Related Experience: 0-1 year
Preferred Specialized Skills & Knowledge: Bilingual in both
English and Spanish (orally and written)
Keywords: Sun River Health, New Haven , Dental Assistant, Other , Southampton, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!