This position is responsible for performing many accounting
functions including but not limited to journal entries, preparation
of supporting schedules, and related data. Duties are performed in
accordance to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Perform day to day month end close activities, including manual
journal entries, account reconciliations, & roll-forwards/other
- Preparation and posting of monthly journal entries including
the timely processing of accruals, amortization, prepaids, etc.
using the JD Edwards accounting package.
- Perform analyses, record periodic, recurring journal entries
based on business rules
- Preparation of intercompany account billings as well as
analyses of the accounts to verify proper posting activity.
- Acts as a liaison with financial business managers and
subsidiary financial teams to collect, verity, and provide
- Assisting with documenting accounting control procedures and
- Assisting with Sarbanes Oxley testing.
- May work on special projects as requested.
Intermediate level professional; developing knowledge within own
discipline. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity required to
perform tasks. Frequently apply the fundamental concepts,
practices, and procedures of a particular field. Apply company
policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Work on problems of limited to moderate scope and impact where
analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of
factors. Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures to
solve straightforward problems. Exercise judgment within defined
procedures and practice to determine appropriate action. Build
productive internal/external working relationships.
Receive a moderate level of instruction on day-to-day work and
detailed instruction and guidance on new projects or
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Basic understanding of industry practices
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic presentation and public speaking skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Developing professional credibility
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Basic experience in Microsoft Office Suite with a concentration
- JD Edwards experience preferred
- Experience gathering and interpreting data
- Basic knowledge of GAAP
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- CPA a plus
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate
professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of
meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special
physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry,
disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue
hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein,
please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers