Identifies customers' needs through the bank's retail sales
process to provide proactive sales solutions through customer
outreach for basic and complex customer needs. Specializes in our
branch customer experience through all retail and business sales
- Develop new customer relationships and expand and retain
existing relationships by proactively identifying opportunities
leveraging the portfolio management process and utilizing the
fundamentals of the Bank's sales process to achieve personal sales
and/or referral goals.
- Play key role in Relationship Management (customer assessments,
profiling for sales opportunities, account opening and lead-focused
outbound calling), Sales Process (profile/pre-call planning,
outreach, appointment preparation, interaction/appointment,
follow-up) and Risk Management (audit requirements, fraud
prevention, Know Your Customer (KYC) and customer information
- Reach out to clients to follow up from previous interactions
based on need identified during an appointment/interaction to
progress development plan.
- Develop understanding and knowledge of products and services
offered by Business Banking.
- Evaluate financing requests, recommend loan structure, and
submit complete loan application packages.
- Research and provide industry knowledge (e.g. vertical
- Fluently explain processes, services, and products (e.g.
interest expense, amortization schedules, how to optimize/educate
all types of consumer debt scenarios, Mortgage/HELOC, Business
Banking products, TM and Merchant Services products)
- Attend community networking events.
- Develop relationships with Centers of Influence for referral
- Act as liaison with business partners for retail product
solutions (i.e. cross-selling retail products to business owners).
Build relationships with non-branch business partners (e.g.
business bankers, mortgage loan originators).
- Perform basic sales duties.
- May be required to solicit new business banking relationships
through outbound prospecting calling activities and develop new
banking relationships through a consultative sales approach in some
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in
accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The focus of this position is to serve as key driver in growing
the business through proactive identification of sales
opportunities and portfolio management with customers to support
achievement of annual branch sales goals. The position interacts
with appropriate areas of the bank to ensure customer needs and
service issues are resolved timely, accurately and completely.
The position must stay current on operational, product, and
system changes/enhancements, as well as demonstrate good risk
management decisions to assist the branch in managing preventable
losses and reduce fraudulent activity. Must have sophisticated
understanding of each 4 types of need, transactional, savings,
retirement and protection (why, why and how). Works with more
complex business customers.
Education and Experience Required:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of 3 years
proven retail sales, call center, customer service and/or telesales
A high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and minimum of 2 years
proven proactive sales experience.
Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
Well organized individual with time management and
Demonstrated financial services product knowledge
Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy with internal and
Proficient with internet user-level technology
Education and Experience Preferred:
Notary public license
Minimum of 3 years financial services sales experience
Bi-lingual based on branch needs
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Prolonged use of hands and fingers
Ability to lift light to heavy objects weighing 5lbs to
Ability to read fine print
Ability to interact with customers in an open face-to-face work
Ability to use fax, telephone system, copier and other
Greenport, New York, United States of America