Company: Estee Lauder
Posted on: June 8, 2021
To design and execute QE projects through the use of statistical
tools and other problem solving methodologies. This position will
drive improvement initiatives locally to ensure that processes are
capable of meeting the quality standards and expectations of the
Estee Lauder Companies and its customers. Provide technical support
to QA and other departments. This position must have technical
credibility within the organization as well as with customers and
suppliers. This position assures compliance to regulatory
requirements and focuses on the consumer expectations.
- Monitor and assure a safe work environment through process
adherence and hazard elimination/mitigation (PPE, Lockout/Tag-out,
Machine Guarding, etc.) and hazard elimination/mitigation
- Monitor and assure compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices
(GMP) and adherence to defined procedures
- Implement new system and working practices to improve process
and product quality while maintaining compliance to regulatory
requirements. Drive implementation of processes at the local level
with Operations staff, CI and ME.
- Drive development of projects and application of QE techniques
and methodologies providing technical expertise and support to QA
and other functions.
- Conduct analysis of data/KPIs and recommend appropriate action,
performs audits and capability studies as necessary.
- Works with the plant, packaging development, technical
packaging, and other parties to define critical requirements.
Participates in line tests and first production runs for new
- Works with suppliers, developers, and production agreeing to
and communicating standards and range boards. Participate in
supplier improvement activities.
- Provides subject matter expertise and provides support in
investigation of complaints and preventive and corrective
- Participates in the definition, execution, analysis, and
actions of tooling qualification programs. Advises on modifications
needed to achieve successful tooling. Supports validation programs
of equipment and processes.
- Documentation of processes and procedures and technical
- Educates and trains employees in QA techniques.
- Guide and coach indirect reports, such as Quality Operations
Specialists, when executing work related to QE functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works independently with some minimal supervision
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of quality experience in a manufacturing
- Six sigma certification preferred
- Good interpersonal, communication, problem solving and
- Must demonstrate a desire and ability to coach other
- Must be familiar with MS office and SAP applications
- Knowledge in quality management systems, process improvement
utilizing statistical problem solving techniques, and quality
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management
- Must be able to work all shifts and all ELC locations as
Job: Quality Assurance - Supply Chain
Primary Location: US-NY-Melville
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 212225
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women,
veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to
apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression
(including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status,
military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability,
protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local
law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The
Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation
consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and
prospective employees with a disability and to employees and
prospective employees with needs related to their religious
observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position
or any other position with the Company and you believe you require
assistance to complete an application or participate in an
interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.
Keywords: Estee Lauder, New Haven , Quality Engineer, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!