Director, Package Engineering
Company: Estee Lauder
Posted on: June 7, 2021
This position is within the Packaging Commercialization and
Engineering Innovation Pillars and will oversee the
Invention,Development, Prototyping, Modeling, Fabrication,
Specification, and Execution, of new packaging and delivery
systems. This position is supporting all brands and categories as a
corporate Package Engineering role. In addition , the successful
candidate will oversee the work of technical career path engineers
to insure proper methods and priorities are delivered. This
includes work flow process improvements and cross fertilization and
understanding of roles and responsibilities as well as key
The individual must have the ability to:
- Partner cross-functionally to create and align on key business
priorities and delivery timing.
- Demonstrate active leadership by delivering precise engineering
design and modeling that enable growth and profitability.
- Understand and direct personnel to enable and build appropriate
team skills for both short term and long term needs.
- Partner in the Package Development and manufacturing to
delivery Robust packaging models meeting Brand Equity,EHS and
- Identify and build strategic relationships with GSR and OEM
- Establish and build capabilities and skills for rapid
prototyping and development.
- Demonstrate key skills in complex problem solving through use
of novel and unique techniques.
- Demonstrate decision making and problem solving by improving
current Package Engineering processes in DFMEA, GD&T,3D
modeling, predictive modeling including mold flow and residual
stress mitigation, work flow and systems for physical model
fabrication, finishing, and delivery.
- Support Brand Package Development with 3D modeling,
fabrication, and simulation based on program priorities.
- Develop new to the world packages and delivery systems up to
rapid prototype tooling.
- Insure that appropriate processes are in place to rapidly
deliver new processes with technical rigor.
- Prioritize resources effectively to deliver breakthrough
- Effectively manage the technical based engineering team with
skill development, priority setting ,and work flow
- Effectively manage the lead developers from each brand to
insure adequate levels of service and priority.
- Develop a long range Capital plan for package processing
- Drive development of the team through stretch assignments and
- As a member of the IELT, work with the VP, Innovation to govern
Innovation Engineering activities and resources to insure alignment
across Innovation Engineering and the cross-functional
- Effectively manage the Package Engineering work flow to deliver
Qualifications - External
- BS Mech Eng. degree preferably MS
- Excellent fluency in Package Design and Development
- Strong knowledge of all packaging converting process including:
IM, EBM, IBM, SB, Film Extrusion, glass, metal forming, Etc.
Experience in DFMEA, FEA, and Moldflow.
- Technical mastery in the areas of Design Engineering,3D
modeling in Solidworks,Team Center, Package Specifications, Design
for Manufacturing, and GDT.
- Strong analytical, SPC, and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of beauty care industry product
manufacturing and filling. Critical engineering principles
including chemical, physical and biological systems.
- Understanding of regulatory and MFG equipment GMP compliances
by region. Strong team building and management experience.
- 8 years minimum experience
- 25% Travel
Keywords: Estee Lauder, New Haven , Director, Package Engineering, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!