Director, Practice Management
Company: Good Shepherd Hospice
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Director, Practice Management
Facility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department:
Physician Strategy-Operational Category: Leadership Schedule: Full
Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6035143
The Practice Director provides leadership, direction, and
ongoing administration and management for all aspects of the
assigned medical offices of the CHS Physician Medical Group. The
Practice Director ensures policies and procedures are implemented
for efficient, effective management of all programs. The Practice
Director has overall responsibility for all aspects of physician
practice management's financial results and operational performance
and is accountable to communicate and implement the Medical Groups
strategic initiatives to meet the CHS goals and objectives. The
Practice Director will be responsible for optimizing the Patient
and Physician experience by utilizing survey results, increase the
efficiency and capacity of the Medical Practices and be accountable
for integration with the Hospitals, IPA and practices by ensuring
all patients health needs are being met by referrals and hospital
programs for other care services. Travel is required to multi
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes the lead with senior leadership and practice managers for
the preparation of the annual operational, staffing and capital
budgets for the assigned physician practices.
- Responsible for budget and the overall development of annual
- Accountable for operational/financial metrics and overall
business results of the practice.
- Supervises, leads and develops Office and Practice Managers to
oversee day-to-day operations of the Medical Group's employed
- Develops and implements specific programs, products, and
services to support the long-range strategic direction for the
Medical Group's employed physician practices.
- Assists with due diligence for the Medical Group's employed
physician network acquisitions, coordinates findings with the
Medical Group, identifies operational requirements and
opportunities to incorporate post acquisition.
- Assists with financial monitoring and ensures effective
communication with senior leadership, the Medical Group, and
- Responsible for managing the physician schedules for increased
efficiency and to maximize practice office capacity.
- Oversees the coordination of operational start-up and
on-boarding for new practices with physician practice management
- Monitors all physician employment agreements for physicians and
any contract provisions, updates, and revisions to be executed as
- Supervises the Medical Group's practice management team for the
assigned practices and provides direction in determining
appropriate staffing needs.
- Conducts on-site practice visits to meet with physicians and
staff to ensure operations function effectively.
- In support of service line development plans, ensures each
practice has the facilities and equipment required in order to
achieve stated service, quality and patient satisfaction
- Coordinates with Office and Practice Managers to address any
clinical operations performance factors serving as barriers to the
achievement of stated service line objective.
- Communicates any operational opportunities to the Medical Group
and hospital senior leadership teams.
- Overall accountability to ensure Physician and staff are
trained on EPIC and workflows are managed to reduce inefficiencies
in the medical practices.
- Oversees and directs administrative activities to maintain
accurate and comprehensive files for: patient records; current
operational policies and procedures; internal and external reports
and correspondence; governmental and regulatory standards.
- Provides recommendations for operational changes and ensures
implementation and adherence. Identifies and recommends a course of
action for approval to the Medical Group and Hospital leadership on
organizational and/or operational problems requiring intervention
or resolution. Manages the execution of the Medical Group marketing
and branding programs.
- Implementation and monitoring to ensure the Medical Group
physician practices are in compliance with CHS policies,
procedures, and process, as it relates to Quality, Safety,
Environment of Care, and Corporate Compliance, and Privacy.
- Ensures appropriate accreditation and re-accreditation
certifications are in place and facilities are in compliance with
- Responsible for ensuring all Practices complete required
Compliance and HIPAA Healthstream training in a timely manner.
- Ensures Practices report suspected privacy breaches and
compliance issues in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with the Revenue Cycle management team,
develops billing and collection performance criteria for the front
end revenue cycle functions.
- Monitors the front end revenue cycle performance for the
assigned practices including but not limited to demographic and
insurance capture, charge capture, coding trends, open encounters,
denial trends, and copay collection rates.
- Responsible for the distribution and analysis of revenue cycle
reports to local managers along with development and implementation
of corrective action plans for denial mitigation.
- Identifies problems impacting financial performance,
opportunities for revenue enhancement, and implements solutions by
collaborating with the Revenue Cycle and Information Technology
- Strong working knowledge of CHS PM/EMR platforms. Ensures
appropriate training and education for providers, managers and
support staff, and ensures there is an EPIC super user at each
practice location of service.
- Collaborates with the CHS IT Team to ensure issue resolution
and identify optimization opportunity. Responsible for the
effective roll out of new EPIC workflows and upgrades.
- Ensures that the Medical Group practices are positioned to
optimize the performance of the EMR and PM strategies with goals to
improve quality, clinical outcomes, and productivity.
- Responsible for Practices achieving CHS System My Chart
activation rates and achievement of meaningful use objectives.
- Ensures appropriate industry standard staffing levels are
maintained in assigned physician practices.
- In collaboration with Human Resources identifies recruitment
- Leads the interview and selection process for the positions of
Office and Practice Manager.
- Ensures the implementation of and ongoing training of education
and compliance with Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Measures and Evaluates direct reports performance by conducting
introductory and annual performance evaluations.
- Oversees and participates where necessary in the drafting and
delivery of corrective action and performance improvement
- Routing monitoring of payroll and Lawson Labor Distribution and
overtime oversight reports for assigned practices.
- Responsible for the effective new hire integration and
- Manage practice initiatives and progress.
- Manage financial performance of practice.
- Ensure overall Physician, Patient and Staff satisfaction
targets are being met.
- Manage staff turnover to ensure appropriate support staff is
available to meet the practice needs.
- Manage Onboarding of practice and ensure EMR transition is
smooth and productive.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
preferably in Health Management or Business Administration.
Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Proven verbal, quantitative, financial and interpersonal
skills. In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of medical practice
administration. Prefer experience in multi-practice
- Ability to train professionals in the identification, valuation
and realization of revenue opportunities within physician
- Extensive knowledge of governmental and third party payor
healthcare reimbursement guidelines, excellent interpersonal, oral
and written communication skills. Strong organizational and project
Keywords: Good Shepherd Hospice, New Haven , Director, Practice Management, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!