Lead Mobile Phlebotomist
Company: TridentUSA Health Services
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Essential Position Duties:
- Identifies and pursues self improvement needs.
- Trains new Phlebotomists in TridentCare's policies and
- Oversees Phlebotomists in a geographic region to ensure optimal
utilization of human resources and communicates needs to Phlebotomy
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Mobile Phlebotomist Responsibilities:
- Follows established phlebotomy procedures for obtaining blood
samples from patients.
- Properly identifies patients prior to servicing.
- Ensures that specimens are properly identified, in proper tube
and accompanied by a completed requisition prior to sending to main
- Plans, organizes and coordinates to ensure attention to
priority of patient.
- Completes written logs, time sheets, and other required records
in a neat and accurate manner.
- Maintains all equipment in good working order and reports
problems immediately to supervisor.
- Prepares, orders, and maintains supplies as required.
- When on call, answers pages within established guidelines and
is ready and available to work.
- Notifies dispatch of availability for further assignments.
- Performs all duties in compliance with established safety and
- Notifies supervisor of any post exposures or accidents within
- Communicates with patients with compassion, respect, dignity
and privacy at all times.
- Meets regularly with Phlebotomy Manager regarding issues and/or
- Reports immediately to Phlebotomy Manager any concerns or
issues of an urgent nature
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, and
procedures including, but not limited to, those within the
Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA.
- Participates in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
- 5+ years of Phlebotomy experience required
- Knowledge of medical laboratory operations.
- Proficient in phlebotomy procedures, techniques, including
venipuncture, tourniquet application/removal, and decontamination
of the puncture site.
- Ability to obtain blood specimens from patients under a variety
of patient conditions.
- Ability to accurately record information concerning
- Proficient in written/verbal skills in the English
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral physician
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with
clients, patients, and the general public.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to take directions and conduct self in a professional
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements
- High School diploma
- 5+ years minimum experience in phlebotomy with emphasis in
acute hospital, dialysis, pediatrics, or geriatrics.
- Demonstrates clean driving record within existing company
- Demonstrates current proof of auto insurance coverage.
Keywords: TridentUSA Health Services, New Haven , Lead Mobile Phlebotomist, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!