Supervisor of College and Career Pathways
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB TITLE: SUPERVISOR OF COLLEGE AND CAREER PATHWAYS
We are seeking a dynamic, results-oriented educational leader to
provide district-level leadership that ensures college and career
readiness for all students. The College and Career Pathways
Supervisor will lead and coordinate the district's work with
students and families to support college, career, and life success.
This includes supporting student's access to college and the
Promise Scholarship, the existence of strong career pathways that
engage students and launch them to career success, and coordinating
systems of transition support to students moving between levels of
schools. Candidates should have a strong record of accomplishment
in improving educational results for students, an ability to
coordinate across complex educational organizations, the highest
standards for student achievement goals, outstanding system and
policy thinking skills, and an ability to translate student needs
into concrete programs and alternatives within schools.
The Supervisor of College and Career Pathways is responsible to
build capacity, develop and implement a system of pathways to
college and high skill, high wage careers. The Supervisor assists
schools at all grade levels to develop a college-going culture and
the college and career readiness skills that prepare students for
success in 21st century. Under the supervision of the Director of
Pupil Services, the Supervisor works closely with district
leadership, site administration, teachers, post-secondary
institutions, regional industries, grant foundations, and program
agencies to ensure the successful implementation of college and
The Supervisor of College and Career Pathways will assist
district and school administrators in developing and implementing
an aligned K-12 college and career preparation program. Student
goals will be achieved through dual credit, advanced placement,
credit recovery, online coursework, daily instruction, early
graduation, career readiness coursework, apprenticeships,
mentoring, shadowing, clinical rotations, and cooperative work
experiences in the community. Student SSPs will be closely
monitored for growth and successful learning experiences.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Supervises CTE, Business Teachers, and school counselors.
- Supports district counselors in all endeavors and advocates for
district counseling program.
- Coordinates, develops, and implements a comprehensive college
and career readiness program for PK-12.
- Collaborates with principals on the school counseling efforts
to positively impact student achievement and postsecondary
- Uses and helps other to use district, school, and student data
appropriately in interpreting, reporting and acting on
- Develops partnerships with non-district personnel and
institutions of higher learning to augment the resources available
to students through the school counseling program including, but
not limited to, dual credit opportunities, institutions of higher
education, college/career fairs, and financial aid events.
- Develops College and Career Pathways unique to the needs of
students in collaboration with the campus staff, community input
and labor market demands to develop coherent sequences of courses
in multiple areas.
- Collaborates with postsecondary institutions for articulation
of dual credit courses and serves as a liaison to higher education
- Builds common visions for program improvement with principal
and staff at each school; directing planning activities with staff
to ensure attainment; identifies, analyzes, and applies research
findings to promote College and Career Pathways.
- Oversees administration of testing associated with college
admissions process (SAT, ACT, PSAT and AP exams).
- Provides district leadership in current college admissions
practices by staying up-to-date on all standardized testing used in
the admissions process, collaborating with standardized testing
- Establish and maintain relationships with college admissions
offices, recruiters from two and four year colleges, trade schools,
military, and alternative programs.
- Maintains a College & Career Readiness website.
- Respond to parent inquiries about CCR.
- Plan and coordinate parent and community informational meetings
regarding dual credit opportunities, advanced academics, etc.
- Develop yearly budgets and organize district-wide College and
- Develop professional development activities for College and
Career staff and teachers that align with district goals.
- Facilitate the establishment of programs to increase high
- Oversee development of Secondary Academic Handbook and C&I
- Advanced Degree; five (5) years of successful experience in
leadership position in a school system, preferably including
experience as a guidance counselor or school administrator
- Intermediate Administrator or Supervisor Certification
- Demonstrated excellence as an educational leader with vision
and strong instructional insight, including specific evidence of
improvement in student learning as a result of the candidate's
- Effective coordination of adults, including in coaching,
evaluation, and team-building among a variety of stakeholders
- Outstanding problem solving and policy design skills, including
in the design of cross-functional systems to support concrete
results for student Demonstrated ability to get along with a
diverse group of co-workers and other stakeholders.
- The ability to use multiple forms of influence in order to
- A sense of humor
REPORTS TO: Director of Pupil Services
SALARY GROUP: Local 18, SAA; (12 months)
EVALUATION: Performance evaluated in accordance with the
evaluation of the School Administrators Association of New Haven,
SUPERVISES & EVALUATES: TAG Staff, Guidance Staff, Career and
Technology Education leadership and others as assigned by the
Keywords: NHPS, New Haven , Supervisor of College and Career Pathways, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!