Human Resources Assistant - Employee Engagement
Company: Stony Brook University
Location: Stony Brook
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Stony Brook Medicine is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to
support our Hospital Human Resources team. This position provides
administrative support to various divisions of HR including, but
not limited to Employee Engagement, Talent Acquisition and
supporting general HR inquiries.
Administrative responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Manages the Employee Recognition and Reward program, including
ordering and managing supplies, redeeming and tracking rewards,
- Manages the Employee of the Month program by monitoring
nomination submissions, creating nomination summary documents,
coordinating with HR and leadership to determine eligibility,
approval and selection, and coordinating all logistics for the
award recipients (e.g., certificate, awards, photography, social
media, award meeting details, etc.).
- Manages the Career Service Recognition program by mailing the
monthly leadership recognition cards, and distributing and tracking
- Monitors the Resilience room and employee lactation and
meditation pods to ensure they are stocked with materials and
operations are running smoothly. Addresses and resolves any issues
as they arise.
- Updates Scala system in the Resilience Room based on new
content and events.
- Assists with Engagement survey support (e.g.,
tracking/reporting response rates and action plans, reporting,
managing incentives, etc.).
- Assists with coordinating employee events (e.g., purchases,
print orders, prep and setup, etc.).
- Schedules meetings and coordinates the calendars of HR
Directors and Managers.
- Coordinates and secures meeting space, computer and
presentation equipment as needed.
- Proofreads documents and emails, and makes any needed changes
to ensure all content is clear, concise and free from grammatical
and/or typographical errors.
- Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of and distribution
of documents, reports and presentations as needed.
- Sets up POs and makes purchases in Lawson (e.g., awards,
supplies, surveys, etc.).
- Supports I-9 documentation collection activity.
- Assists with Benefits questions and other walk in
- Assists Director of Employee Engagement with special projects
and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree and 6 months of experience in an
administrative support role. In Lieu of degree, 18 months
experience in an administrative support role.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks, coordinate
complex schedule(s)/calendar and travel, and work in a fast paced
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software, including
Microsoft Office applications, Word, PowerPoint, Advanced Excel
(Pivot Tables/V Lookup), Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Must be a team player who can work in a fast paced
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Peoplesoft, Taleo and/or other HR Information
- Experience with high volume scheduling.
- Experience in a Healthcare or Hospital System Human
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included
with the online application.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled
or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants
will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised
on the application that for full consideration, applications must
be received before the initial review date (which is within two
weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill
the position posted, additional applications will be considered for
the posted position; however, the posting will close once a
finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial
posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and
hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close
for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity
and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status
and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the
University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act
a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we
Keywords: Stony Brook University, New Haven , Human Resources Assistant - Employee Engagement, Other , Stony Brook, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!