Manager, Financial Services
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Manages, plans, and evaluates the staff and daily operations of
the Financial Services department to ensure proper registration,
verification, authorization, billing and collection of patient
- Provides leadership to Financial Services team members and
supervisors by communicating and guiding toward achieving
- Develops, communicates, and builds consensus for goals in
alignment with the health system.
- Manages the activities of registration, verification,
authorization, billing and collection of patient services.
- Acts as a primary liaison to all payors, patients, patient
accounts, clinicians and/or other practice areas.
- Advises management of the health systemic issues and high
risk/high exposure situations; recommends solutions.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to facilitate
registration, verification, authorization, billing and collection
activities to maximize operational efficiency.
- Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates
- Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely
- Informs staff of changes in policies, procedures, processes and
the health systems, as well as, new insurance regulations.
- Maintains daily workflow in order to expedite processing while
ensuring quality care and customer service.
- Performs department audits to ensure compliance with regulatory
standards and payor requirements.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of
education and related experience.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience and 2-5 years of leadership /
management experience, required.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Haven , Manager, Financial Services, Other , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!