At Stony Brook Medicine, our X-Ray Aides are valuable members of
our team, who provide empathic care to our patients, their families
and visitors, with the highest degree of integrity and respect.
Under the supervision of a higher level technical or supervisory
staff, the X-Ray Aide performs routine technical support activities
in the Radiology Department.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate excellent communication
skills, interpersonal skills, knowledge and understanding of
patient care and effectively respond to changing patient needs by
making decisions based on ethical principles and adhering to our
high standard of excellence.
Duties of an X-Ray Aide may include the following but are not
- Assist with processing of exams, releasing documents to
authorized personnel and/or in accordance with procedures.
- Sorts and files documents and maintains files.
- Assists in preparing, cleaning, stocking, and maintaining x-ray
rooms, examining rooms, and patient dressing areas.
- Assists in setting up equipment.
- Escorts and transports patients to and from imaging rooms.
- Assists in positioning patients and aiding them in getting on
and off tables.
- Picks up and delivers supplies, assists with inventory and
- Answers telephones and all other duties within title, as
assigned by supervisor.
Required Qualifications: High School Diploma
Preferred Qualifications: Must possess good communication and
customer service skills. Patient transport experience is
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included
with the online application.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled
or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants
will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised
on the application that for full consideration, applications must
be received before the initial review date (which is within two
weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill
the position posted, additional applications will be considered for
the posted position; however, the posting will close once a
finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial
posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and
hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close
for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is
strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and
outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days
and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory
protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as "essential." This
means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional
emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at
their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and
continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University
Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and
obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3)
- Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
- Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could
result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment
- The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity
and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status
and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the
University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act
a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here.
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we