Location: Amityville, NY
Shift A: Friday 11PM-11AM
Shift B: Saturday 11AM-11PM
Industrial Maintenance Jr. Mechanic
Job Purpose: Maintains production and quality by ensuring
operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Capable of setup filling equipment according with the bulk and
components required for the Job Sheet.
- Capable of setup capper machines, labelers, printers (coders)
and box closing machines suitable for the product to be
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic
equipment, conveyor systems, and production machines following
operations manuals and manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation; listening for problems.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by
using hand tools, levels, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering
questions and requests (Future application).
- Maintains continuity among work teams by communicating actions,
irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
Skills/Qualifications: Equipment Maintenance, Technical
Understanding, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail,
Flexibility, Job Knowledge, Productivity.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to
follow oral and written instructions.
- A strong attention to detail is required for this
- Should have the ability to work in a team environment.
Employment is subject to verification of a pre-screening , which
may includes a background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion
to drive our business results and create a better future every day
for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and
communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our
growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests,
which may include drug screening, background check, credit check
and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance
at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at
NA.Accommodations@unilever.com. Please note: This email is reserved
for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not
a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.