Coding and CDI Educator
Company: Good Shepherd Hospice
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Coding and CDI Educator
Facility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: HIM
EMPI DRG Appeals Category: Administrative / Business Support
Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9:00AM-5:00PM
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve
our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate
care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes to
every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long
Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes. Catholic Health
is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on
Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to
work in both 2019 and 2020.
Implementing coding/CDI education initiatives for all coders and
CDI to support health system's mission.
* Educate and mentors new coding and CDI Staff.Provides orientation
plan, boot camp training which includes new topics in coding
(inpatient and outpatient), CDI, chart review, reimbursement and
regulatory changes. Provides readiness assessments of new coding
and CDI staff.
* Performs coding quality audits of records for ICD-10-CM, CPT, and
PCS, as well as MSDRG/APR assignment to ensure functions of the CDI
and coding team are performed with a high degree of accuracy.
* Identify trends and patterns in coding and documentation
variances, monitor quality and provide education to ensure
compliance with pertinent regulations and guidelines.
* Research coding updates, new procedures, and disease
pathophysiology and documentation requirements. Provide
presentation/educational materials (recognized resources) to CDI
and Coding staff.
* Develops meeting agendas with CDI/HIM management to encourage
staff CDI/Coder presentations.
* Implement coding initiatives, goals and objectives for all
facilities.This position oversees all ongoing activities related to
the development, implementation and maintenance of inpatient and
outpatient coding policies.
* Ensures all coding and CDI staff abides by the standards of
ethical coding as set forth and updated by AHIMA and ACDIS.
* Provides feedback to HIM management staff and CDI leadership
regarding opportunities for documentation improvement.
* Participates in education programs to maintain up to date
inpatient and outpatient coding skills.
* ICD-10- Approved Trainer
* Certification licensure CCS
Keywords: Good Shepherd Hospice, New Haven , Coding and CDI Educator, Other , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!