Who We Are:
At Planet Fitness, our mission has always been to enhance
people's lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a
welcoming, judgement free environment. We are proud to be one of
the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of
fitness centers in the United States with over 2,000 clubs and
Joining the PF family means being part of a company that is
based on an established culture and strong set of values. It is
being a part of a supportive, engaging team that cares about
bettering the health and wellbeing of the community in an
environment where everyone feels like they belong. It is having fun
at work while creating member experiences that consistently exceed
their expectations. It means being part of a brand that you can be
Who You Are:
All of our Team Members at Planet Fitness share one thing in
common - a passion for our amazing brand and a desire to make our
members feel welcome in our Judgement Free Zone
Characteristics that will make you a perfect match for our
Fitness Trainer role:
- Exhibit a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Have a passion for delivering a consistent and exceptional
experience to our members, guests and fellow PF team members.
- Pride yourself on your work while being punctual, reliable and
- Handle all interactions with diplomacy and exhibit a genuine
motivation for helping others.
- Act with integrity and show respect to everyone around
- Exhibit strong communication skills and have an ability to
listen and empathize.
- Inspire and motivate others to achieve their goals.
- Are a quick study with the ability to apply what you have
learned during online and hands-on training.
About the Fitness Trainer Role:
As a Fitness Trainer, you will operate the Planet Fitness group
fitness program (PE@PF). These responsibilities include:
- Creating a class schedule for members. This includes
Orientation and DYOP (Develop your own program).
- Proactively engage with members on the club floor regarding
their fitness goals; instruct them on how to safely use the
equipment and provide support as needed.
- Help to promote our Judgement Free Zone by connecting with
members on the club floor, offering assistance and showing support
in their fitness journeys while upholding club policies.
- Frequently perform a comprehensive walk of all fitness areas to
ensure a great member experience. Quickly address issues as they
- Perform prospective member calls and tours; assessing their
membership needs and offering Trainer services.
Daily responsibilities of the Fitness Trainer may also
- Greet members/guests as they enter and exit the club; assisting
them with any questions or concerns as they check in.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with
- Regular, consistent cleaning and sanitizing of all exercise
equipment and Black Card spa amenities. This includes communal
spaces as well as your assigned area.
- Ensuring restrooms are clean and sanitized, stocked and clutter
free by following the routine cleaning schedule.
About Your Qualifications:
- 6-12 months of experience in a customer service environment is
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to pass a background check
- Willing to become CPR/AED Certified (Training provided by
- Nationally Certified Training Certificate required.
- Basic computer proficiency
Physical Demands of the Fitness Trainer role:
- Continual standing and moving throughout the club to accomplish
tasks during shift.
- Continual communicating in person or on the phone to exchange
information during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Will encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and
- Moving self in different positions, including bending and
twisting, to accomplish tasks.
More reasons to join Planet Fitness!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vacation/Sick Time/Holiday Pay
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(K) and Roth Retirement Savings Plan
- Term Life Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee perks and discounts
- Engaging team-building competitions and social events
Health and Safety Requirements: Every team member is responsible
for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Team members are
expected to be active participants in health and safety by
following all applicable policies and protocols, reporting unsafe
conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work
in a safe manner.
Employees at a franchise location are employed by the Franchisee
and are not employees of PFHQ (the Franchisor). PFHQ neither
dictates nor controls labor or employment matters for franchisees
or their employees, and does not retain any reserved authority to
control the terms and conditions of employment for franchisees or
their employees. Each franchisee is responsible for ensuring
compliance with local, state and federal law.