Manager-Monitoring and Production Management
Company: Knights of Columbus
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Manager of Monitoring and Production Management leads the
team responsible for enterprise Monitoring and Production
Management. The team provides the day-to-day support of GNOC
Operations, System and Availability Monitoring, Server and
Mainframe Operations, Production Code Deployment and offsite
The following duties reflect the primary responsibilities
performed by employees in this job. Incumbent(s) may be required to
perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Responsible for managing daily operations of the Knights of
Columbus GNOC, including Server and Mainframe Operations, Network
and System Monitoring, Production Code Deployment and offsite
- Responsible for staff/employee administration (staffing
recommendations, performance appraisals, coaching/counseling, work
assignments, resource planning, etc.). Trains or provides
appropriate training for employees; coaches, provides feedback and
support, counsels and motivates employees.
- Manages technical vendor support and relations for the
functions he/she is responsible for; assists with vendor
identification and selection, contract negotiation and statement of
work (SOW) reviews. Acts as an internal escalation point for any
vendor related technical issues.
- Adheres to KofC's policy, process and procedures and
proactively seeks opportunities to enhance existing ITIL processes
(service requests, incident & problem management, change
management, etc.). Develops and refines process and procedures
specific to functional responsibilities and contributes to
formulation of operational and tactical plans related to the
functions he/she is responsible for.
- Supervises/oversees project related activities associated with
his/her functional responsibilities. Encompasses working with
project management professionals (internal & external), as well as
self-management of less complex project activities in accordance
with established project management processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The depth and breadth of knowledge within the position's field
or specialty that is required to effectively perform the
responsibilities of this position, e.g., insurance, KofC structure
and processes. Describe the type and level of skills required to
handle the position's responsibilities, e.g.,
mathematical/analytical, communication, typing, spreadsheet.
- Proven work experience leading a team providing IT customer
- Proven ability to delegate and motivate staff.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple
- Ability to quickly and effectively accept and manage new
- In-depth knowledge of computing systems typically associated
with data center operations.
- Knowledge of distributed/open systems and networking
environments associated with data center operations.
- Knowledge of monitoring systems, i.e. Nagios, SolarWinds,
- Knowledge of Secure File Transport and other Secure Data
- Knowledge of Enterprise Batch scheduling software i.e. CA-7, CA
ESP, ActiveBatch, etc.
- Microsoft Office Products: i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Sets a clear strategic direction.
- Adapts to change quickly.
- Fosters mutual trust.
- Follows through on actions, promises, and assignments.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards.
- Lives, leads, manages, and works with integrity.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Leverages the strengths of each team member.
- Treats others with respect and empathy.
- Creates a working environment that motivates high individual
Within KofC: All departments.
Outside of KofC: External Vendors providing services and support
to the Knights of Columbus .
Education and Experience Requirements
Education: BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems or
related field or equivalent combination of experience and
Experience: 5-8 years of IT leadership experience or and
demonstrated experience leading a diverse group of technical
resources in a NOC environment.
Licensing/Certification:ITIL v3 or 4 Foundation certificate
and/or practical experience desired
- Clarity of communications.
- People and resource management.
- Issue identification; problem solving.
- Time management and prioritization of work; attention to
- Customer service orientation; feedback from internal and
external sources on service provided and problem resolution.
- Effective decisions contribute to business, operational and
- Makes decisions on routine and personnel issues; when
necessary, discusses issues and makes recommendations to
- Identifies issues, formulates solutions and knows when to
escalate and when to resolve on own.
Problem Solving & Complexity
- Situations somewhat varied; requires application of specific
technical skills and expertise.
- Successfully leads multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Formulates and presents recommendations for resolving complex
issues and problems to manager.
Keywords: Knights of Columbus, New Haven , Manager-Monitoring and Production Management, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!