Respirator Fit Testing Coordinator
Company: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 6, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
Oversees all aspects of the Fit Testing Program system-wide and
provides guidance and oversight to employees, managers,
supervisors, department heads and administrators. Must have current
knowledge of respirator selection and use. With Occupational
Medicine leadership, develops, implements, and maintains respirator
policies and protocols. Ensures compliance to federal and state
regulations relating to respiratory protection, as well as YNHHS
policies. Must have a working knowledge of all types of commonly
used respirators, including N95, powered air-purifying respirators
(PAPR), cartridge, and proper selection and use in various
healthcare settings. Maintains liaison relationships with OMWS,
Employee Safety, Infection Prevention, Emergency Management and
- 1.The Respirator Fit Testing Coordinator must ensure the
- 1.1. Written worksite specific fit testing procedures.
- 1.2. Respirator selection in collaboration with Supply Chain,
Infection Prevention and OMWS leadership.
- 1.3. Employers and employees must understand the respirator?s
purpose and limitations.
- 1.4. Training.
- 1.5. Perform Fit testing and training (baseline and
- 1.6. Provide PAPR training.
- 1.7. Instruct employees in the inspection, cleaning,
maintenance, and storage of respirators provided.
- 1.8. Provide employees/managers with Respiratory Questionnaires
as needed. Collect completed questionnaires.
- 1.9. Ensure that employee has completed the OSHA Respiratory
Medical Questionnaire prior to fit testing and that they have been
cleared by a clinician prior to testing.
- 1.10. Maintain confidentiality of all Respiratory
- 1.11. Ensure accuracy of fit testing records in electronic
- 1.12. Provide Train the Trainer programs as needed.
- 2.1. Works in collaboration with Infection prevention, Supply
Chain and OMWS Leadership for acquisition of an appropriate
respirator approved by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health, including piloting of proposed respirators.
- 2.2. Maintains inventory records.
- 2.3. Provides departmental compliance reports at the request of
- 3.Specific Health Activities:
- 3.1Ensures compliance to annual respirator fit testing and
training by submitting required reports to Respiratory Protection
Associate or Bachelors degree in allied health or nursing
3-5 years experience in respirator fit testing. Ambulatory
experience preferred. Safety experience preferred.
Valid driver?s license and ability to drive to all locations in all
Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer
service skills. Experience as a trainer. Must be self-motivating
and have the ability to exercise independent judgment in the
development of plans and protocols (to be submitted for approval)
and day-to-day work routine. Knowledge of the respiratory system
and infection control. Must have excellent written and verbal
skills. Must have demonstrated knowledge of applicable standards.
Must have a working knowledge of and experience in fitting all
types of commonly used respirators, including N95, powered air
purifying respirators (PAPR), and elastomeric masks. Must have
demonstrated skill with the following applications: Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint. Experience with using Systoc or a similar EMR is
highly desirable. Able to handle stressful situations (such as
dissatisfied employees) and be flexible.
Position requires prolonged standing and walking; use of site,
hearing and touch; and the ability to transport/carry portable fit
testing equipment, respirators, etc. Must be able to lift to a
minimum of 40 lbs.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, New Haven , Respirator Fit Testing Coordinator, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!