Company: Stony Brook University Hospital
Location: Stony Brook
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The TH Instructional Support Assistant Concierge at Stony Brook
Medicine meets the needs of the hospitals vitiation guidelines.
This position screens all visitors by logging temperatures, asking
scripted questions, capturing data, and consulting with nursing
units on appropriate visitation. This position supports the
Information Desk, Childrens Lobby and Screening Room.
Duties of a Concierge may include the following but are not
- Possess excellent communication skills when dealing with
community at large.
- Uses appropriate de-escalation techniques when dealing with a
diverse patient/visitor population who enter into the
- Demonstrates flexibility in process changes in order to meet
the frequently changing regulatory requirements
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility to the duty of
visitor screening as it is an essential function of the hospital to
maintain regulatory requirements
- Properly uses the chain of command when questions arise to
mitigate potential problems from occurring.
- Contributes positively to the work environment and projects a
positive image to all people entering screening center.
- Assess temperature of all persons entering hospital to ensure
it is within DOH guidelines of less than 100 F.
- Educates all visitors of the risks entering the hospital based
on DOH guidelines.
- Screens all visitors by asking questions in order to establish
persons exposure, symptoms and travel history.
- Accurately records temperature on screening sticker if
parameters are within DOH guidelines in order to communicate with
- Provides visitors with proper PPE based on patients COVID
status or not
- Properly identifies patients belongings, uses tool to record
belongings and communicates with the distribution team.
- Collects and maintains count of visitors and their destination.
Uses appropriate tracking device and records data onto the
collection tool at designated times.
- Collects and maintain count of masks distribution to establish
- Communicates with supervisor when supplies need to be
replenished (visitor passes, maps, bus schedules, PPE, screening
- Conduct flower and mail deliveries
- Issue visitor passes
- Maintain Visitation Database
- Enter Visitor contact information in Allegiance
- Answer phones
- Maintain clean work environment
- Provide guidance to other staff members and assist with
training of new programs, regulations or guidelines
- Associates Degree and 2+ years related customer
service/concierge/receptionist experience, in lieu of degree a High
School Diploma and 5+ years related customer
- Proven track record of Customer Service experience as evidenced
- Data entry and database maintenance
- Ability to interpret guidelines and take appropriate
- Ability to coach and train staff
- Experience working in healthcare/hospital setting.
- Experience in a hospital/healthcare/hospitality concierge
This position will operate on One weekend day 9am-5:30pm,
Weekdays Noon-8:30pm with the exception of Friday 9am-5:30pm. One
variable weekday pass day.
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be
included with the online application. This position will include
weekends and holidays as per the needs of the
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until
filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all
applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates
are advised on the application that for full consideration,
applications must be received before the initial review date (which
is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the
position posted, additional applications will be considered for the
posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is
identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting
date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired
within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for
review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is
strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and
outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days
and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory
protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as essential. This
means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional
emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at
their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and
continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University
Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and
obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3)
- Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
- Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could
result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment
*The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and
the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status
and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the
University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security
Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed
Visit our page to learn about the total rewards we
Keywords: Stony Brook University Hospital, New Haven , Concierge, Other , Stony Brook, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!