Company: Hill Health Ctr
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Reporting to the respective Medical Director or designee (e.g.
Department Nurse Manager), the Medical Assistant acts as an
advocate for patients seeking and receiving care in the Center and
interprets the needs and concerns of the patients for other staff
members. The Medical Assistant will directly assist the clinical
provider during clinical sessions and prepare patients for exams
according to specific guidelines. The Medical Assistant may float
to other departments or sites as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for preparing patients and rooms for a visit.
- Ensures the necessary equipment and information are available
for the visit.
- Reviews patient medical records prior to patient visits to
obtain relevant information for provider.
- Rooms patients and obtains basic information such as chief
complaint, review of systems, and screening questions as
- Accurately and legibly documents vital signs, including blood
pressure, pulse, respiration, temperatures, and O2
- Performs EKG's, hearing and vision tests, Urine Dipsticks,
finger stick glucose measurements, Urine Pregnancy Tests and other
CLIA waived tests when necessary.
- Manages patient records using electronic health record, and
completes appropriate patient charting.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Requirements (Please note, the required documents mentioned
below will need to be presented at the time of offer):
- High School Diploma/GED required. Graduated from a medical
assistant program or from a CNA program (provide a valid CNA
certificate from an accredited school for Nursing Assistants;
Certificate from an accredited school for Medical Assistants);
current CPR certification from the American Heart Association are
required. Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
- One (1) year experience as a Medical Assistant is required.
Previous medical office experience as a medical/nursing assistant
(e.g. rooming patients for office visits) is strongly
- All skills of a Medical Assistant must be met.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills with
an emphasis on excellent customer service when dealing with both
medical staff and patients.
- Computer skills are required with the ability to learn
Centricity EMR and Outlook.
- Ability to float to other departments or sites and perform all
aspects of patient care.
- Ability to prepare patients for examination by performing
preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight and
temperature; verifies patient information by interviewing patient;
recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Hill Health Ctr, New Haven , Medical Assistant, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!