Company: New Reach
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 6, 2021
New Reach is undergoing an exciting transformation in order to
bring the organization to its next level of success. Working to
provide, shelter, housing, stabilization and support for children,
families and individuals experiencing homelessness across CT since
1990, New Reach inspires independence for those affected by
homelessness and poverty. Using the most innovative and progressive
methods through a continuum of housing and support, New Reach has
grown to be one of the most effective nonprofits of its kind in the
Under general supervision, performs a variety of work in the
general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and
equipment. The Maintenance Worker is responsible to maintain a safe
and clean environment for staff and residents of all owned and
operated agency properties.
- Basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing,
electrical, appliance repair, painting and grounds keeping.
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of good practices and effective use of hand and
power tools used in the maintenance and repair of building
- Safety practices and procedures related to the building trades
such as proper lifting techniques and basic math skills.
- Perform a variety of physical labor including climbing ladders,
bending, kneeling, reaching and standing for long periods of time,
lift and carry boxes, tools, equipment, furnishings and
- Willingness to work outside during inclement weather
- Follow oral and written instructions, communicate effectively
in both oral and written form and maintain work logs and service
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with management, staff, tenants and clients.
- Respond to on-call service and emergency requests via cell
phone 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Possess a valid Connecticut driver's license.
Keywords: New Reach, New Haven , Maintenance Worker, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!