Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Operates mammography radiographic equipment to perform
diagnostic and screening imaging exams. Performs various diagnostic
x-ray exams, as required.
- Communicates with Radiologist to confirm required exam details
and ensure optimal quality of images.
- Reviews and correlates patient's prior imaging reports, using
Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System lexicons, to categorize
procedure to be performed.
- Prepares patient for exam. Translates procedure into layman
terms, based on professional knowledge, to relieve patient of any
- Performs mammography exams according to established standards
and procedures of division. Adjusts imaging equipment and operates
controls to obtain correct exposure.
- Assists physician in performance of mammographic image-guided
interventional/special breast exams or procedures, including
stereotactic biopsy, wire or seed implant localization, and
contrast enhanced mammography.
- Performs general x-ray exams including, but not limited to,
bone density exams, as needed.
- Perform specimen imaging, when necessary. Safely handles
specimens and ensures all labeling, paperwork and imaging is sent
- Monitors patient's condition in accordance with technical and
safety standards. Recognizes and promptly reports any motor
abnormalities including, fainting, discoloration, contrast
reactions etc., to Radiologist and/or nurses.
- Ensures required documentation is completed throughout
- Operates equipment for transferring images to film and/or
- Ensures images are properly marked as "right" or "left" side
and labeled with date and patient identification. Utilizes modality
worklist to select patient and verify accession number
- Enters patient history and other pertinent information obtained
from requisition into system.
- Maintains imaging equipment. Makes setting adjustments, as
needed. Informs management of any mechanical issues/repair
- Reviews and maintains supply inventory in assigned area.
- Maintains cleanliness of procedure room.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted
here are considered essential functions of the job under the
Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but
considered related are not essential functions
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology program,
- New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
registration in Mammography, required.
- Minimum of 200 mammography exams performed within past 24
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Haven , Mammography Technologist, Other , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!