Optimize the performance of production equipment through the
execution and implementation of preventive maintenance programs,
continual improvement of change-overs, start-up effectiveness and
production run efficiencies as related to equipment downtime and
line speed. Develop and implement long term strategies and
solutions aimed at resolving technical productivity problems, while
providing a high level of service and support to the department's
Efficiency Goals (80%)
Key goal: Improve the capability and agility of operations
through effective technical resource labor utilization and in
pursuit of world class levels of equipment availability and
- Coordinate and Delegate production mechanics activities to
execute production priorities.
- Coordinate resources and perform changeover activities to
facilitate efficient and effective PO changes and start-ups.
- Ensure packaging line and finished good output meets
specification prior to hand off to WC Supervisors.
- Utilize Shop Floor Data Capture to facilitate process
improvement and implementation.
- Execute preventive maintenance activities per PM program
including ordering of spare parts.
- Monitor preventive maintenance program for effectiveness;
enhance where warranted.
- Respond to "calls" for technical assistance from line teams,
minimize downtime and ensure implementation of long term problem
- Participate in/initiate Troubleshooting/Corrective action
investigation activities when required. Ensure technical aspect of
proposed problem resolution is implemented as required.
- Monitor line for compliance with CGMP, efficiency, labor
utilization, quality, safety, housekeeping, and shrinkage
guidelines as required by SOPs. Initiate troubleshooting/corrective
action investigation as required.
- Participate on new equipment and new product launch
teams/provide feasibility information, assist in development of
specifications and acceptance protocols, initiate projects where
- Document and maintain set-up information for all products and
- Maintain machine parts list database specific to each product
- Certify Production Mechanics on packaging equipment through
Equipment Specific Certification and Training Programs.
- Development of equipment certification training protocols
including operation, set-up, PM and troubleshooting of
- Communicate the company's rules on safety, dress code and
housekeeping at all times. Report any potential safety hazards on
equipment or machinery in use.
- Ability to fully understand and proficiently perform all of the
- Initiate, plan, implement and follow through relevant
- Train/orient new employees when necessary.
- Act as "lead" and/or "go-to" person for the group as the
technical SME (subject matter expert).
Continuous Improvement Goals (20%)
Key goal: Use LEAN tools to solve daily efficiency issues
- Assist with leading departmental strategy, innovation and
continuous improvement while embracing change
- Engage the team and take a leadership role in the
implementation of Lean tools (5S, TPM, Problem Solving, OEE,
Environmental Health and Safety goals (At All Times)
Key goal: Eliminate accidents. Mentor line personnel to support
this goal. Ensure our environmental goals are being met.
- Monitor and ensure a safe work environment through process
adherence and hazard elimination/mitigation (PPE, Lockout/Tag-out,
Machine Guarding, etc.) and hazard elimination/mitigation
- Monitor and ensure a safe work environment through process
- Proactively identify and resolve safety and ergonomic concerns
as related to production
- Mentor crew members to utilize proper ergonomic related
equipment (i.e. Drum lifter)
- Engage in site wide safety programs
Produce High Quality finished goods (At All Times)
Key goal: Produce products that meet all quality expectations
and eliminate rejections.
- Understand, monitor, and ensure compliance to Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and adherence to defined
- Assign line tasks per productivity guidelines and communicate
all quality instructions.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent mechanical experience
Management, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or
Mfg. Engineering degree preferred.
1-2 years preferred in Supply Chain / Manufacturing
Must be familiar with Packaging Equipment
Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiating
Knowledge of mechanical and electrical trouble shooting
Detailed knowledge of machine setting specific to machines on
the Production Floor
Knowledge of how to use machine tools and hand tools safely and
Understanding of the principles of electronics and
Basic understanding of PLC controls as they relate to packaging
Ability and flexibility to work on all three shifts Knowledge of
safety responsibilities (legal and company procedures)
Knowledge of quality regulations as related to packaging
Job: Manufacturing - Supply Chain
Primary Location: US-NY-Melville
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 2nd (Afternoon) Shift
Job Number: 1911495
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women,
veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to
apply. It is Company's policy not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression
(including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status,
military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability,
protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local
law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The
Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation
consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and
prospective employees with a disability and to employees and
prospective employees with needs related to their religious
observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position
or any other position with the Company and you believe you require
assistance to complete an application or participate in an
interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.