Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: SB Clinical Practice Management Plan
Location: Hampton Bays
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SUMMARY: The Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) provides direct patient care under the
supervision of the Practice. This position also performs clerical
duties, acts as receptionist, maintains medical records and
communicates with all departments.
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
• Accurately collects clinical data on patients and demonstrates
competency in performing clinical interventions and reports
abnormalities to Medical Provider.
• Triage patient phone calls and troubleshoot medication management
• Documents nursing observations, interventions, and patient’s
response to treatment in patient records.
• Demonstrated competency in performing venipuncture/administering
shots for collection of blood specimens and facilitates the prompt
and accurate processing and distribution of specimens
• Ensures that patients receive timely and appropriate care within
the delivery system and facilitates internal and external referrals
in collaboration with the Registered Nurse (RN).
• Accurately performs and records vital signs, weight and height,
point of service blood glucose testing, and promptly reports
abnormalities to the medical provider or Registered Nurse (RN) on
• Utilizes appropriate techniques when collecting routine urine
specimens and specimens for C/S.
• Appropriately instructs patients on clean catch specimens.
• Utilizes appropriate technique in performing venipuncture to
obtain blood specimens in accordance with agency procedure.
• Verbalizes knowledge of and adherence to OSHA standards for blood
borne pathogens when handling blood and body fluids.
• Maintains standard precautions in the provision of patient
• Maintains and monitors stock inventory in the treatment center
and replenishes supplies in exam rooms on a timely basis.
• Prepares and processes requisitions for routine supplies in
accordance with agency procedures.
• Monitors the integrity of equipment and promptly reports
malfunction, missing or damaged equipment to the Registered Nurse
(RN) or Office Manager.
• Demonstrates competency in answering phones, patient
registration, making appointments, computer data entry and
retrieval of reports.
• Copies, prepares records, and stores and maintains appropriate
• Keeps records of all laboratory work sent, files laboratory
reports on client record, and prepares and processes Lab/Diagnostic
• Conforms to policies and regulations governing patient rights and
confidentiality of information.
• Adheres to protocol for patient flow (1. Reception, 2.
Registration, 3. Labs, 4. Escort to Provider).
• Perform all other related duties as assigned by management.
Required Education &
• Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing.
• Currently registered in New York State as a Licensed Practical
• Must have excellent communications skills
• Demonstrated competency in performing venipuncture for collection
of blood specimens.
• Three years’ experience in ambulatory care setting required as a
Keywords: SB Clinical Practice Management Plan, New Haven , Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Hampton Bays, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!