Advance Development Tech
Company: Yale-New Haven Health
Location: New Haven
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Advanced Development Director, and
reporting to the Manager of Molecular Pathology, the Advanced
Development Technologist will participate in the development,
optimization and validation of clinical laboratory assays and
instrumentation in accordance with CAP and CLIA guidelines.
Responsibilities include performing feasibility and validation
experiments, preparing and maintaining laboratory reagents and
supplies, and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation. The
technologist will also assist with data analysis, and the
preparation of regulatory documents such as validation summaries,
SOP's and training documents.
- Demonstrates technical competency in performing a variety of
molecular testing to ensure that accurate and timely data can be
- Understands and is able to apply basic principles of Molecular
Diagnostics, laboratory procedure, theory, and techniques;
understands instrumentation and equipment and shows good judgment
in using them.
- Assigns priorities to laboratory tasks, organizes workload for
maximum productivity and efficiency in completing assigned
- Reviews results of experiments in a timely fashion. Can
identify problems and brings issues to the attention of a
- Assesses the specimen quality according to established
procedural criteria, documents any specimen problems, and rejects
specimens when unacceptable.
- Demonstrates and applies knowledge of Quality Control to data
assessment. Documents all observations and corrective actions
- Performs maintenance tasks, per assigned laboratory schedule,
and established policy. Evaluates and documents lot numbers of
kits, reagents, standards, and biologicals, according to
established procedural protocol.
- Monitors inventory and supply levels.
- Provides for accurate documentation and reporting of results to
ensure quality of patient care by demonstrating good computer and
record keeping skills.
- Records results clearly, legibly and accurately, as soon as
test is completed.
- Provides accurate information to other development team members
and clinical staff as requested in a helpful, courteous manner, and
in a timely fashion.
- Maintains confidentially at all times following the HIIPPA
- Able to navigate and show competency with the use of LIS
applications. Can utilize the LIS to identify and track validation
- Tests and documents validation of assay results in the LIS
- Is proficient in data analysis software programs such as excel
and EP Evaluator.
- Demonstrates self-reliance in one's thinking and action.
Demonstrates independence by one's ability to evaluate culture
integrity, problem solving, or trouble shooting
- Recognizes malfunction of instrumentation and equipment and can
perform basic as well as advanced troubleshooting.
- Participates in the writing and review of technical procedures,
standardization of techniques, and maintenance of policies.
- Is able to troubleshoot issues related to hardware, software or
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times both in attitude and
approach to work activities.
- Demonstrates a positive approach to learning new or existing
methods, techniques and/or procedures.
- Accepts constructive criticism in a positive manner and takes
corrective action to improve performance in problem areas.
- Demonstrates ability to work with co-workers and supervisors
and shows willingness to work as a member of a team.
- Participates in the department?s continuing education program
and documents at least 12 education credits annually.
- Adheres to laboratory policies and procedures, hospital
attendance and tardiness policies, and demonstration of mutual
respect for all laboratory personnel.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in a
Biological Science or Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Molecular
Biology, Microbiology, or equivalent Bachelor's degree.
Minimum of two (2) years clinical or research laboratory
experience in a Molecular Diagnostics and/or Microbiology
laboratory. Experience in a CLIA certified laboratory preferred but
ASCP certification preferred but not required.
Strong knowledge of molecular principles and techniques.
Efficiency in word processing applications, spreadsheet design and
data analysis. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
are required. Ability to work as a member of a diverse team is
essential. Excellent organizational skills required.
Must be able to lift and carry 15 or more pounds.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Health, New Haven , Advance Development Tech, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!