Coordinator - Stony Brook Surgical Associates,
Location: Stony Brook,
8:00am-4:30pm (Ocassional evenings and
Administrative Assistant/Residency Program Coordinator will serve
as Administrative Assistant for the Department of Surgery Residency
Program. Support recruitment efforts tracking of resident data.
Interact with faculty, residents, fellows, coordinators and staff.
Must function well in a team environment.
Job Duties & Essential
• General Activities: Assists with proctoring ITE and other exams
as necessary, back up for grounds as necessary, assist in site
visit process as necessary, conduct certification of credentials
for incoming residents and fellows, secure names from graduates for
diplomas, follow up for signatures from various areas in the
hospital and distribute diplomas,, take or transcribe minutes,
database maintenance, enter resident data into new innovations
including procedure logs and schedules, enter applicant information
in ERAs, print PDF files and email interviews. Enter residents data
• Event planning: Organize events such as orientation, graduation,
educational retreats, lectures, special events for the residency
program and coordinating details related to the events such as
booking conference rooms, ordering food service, monitor RSVPs
• Recruitment Season: Arrange breakfast and lunches for interview
dates, schedule conference rooms, compile recruitment materials,
meet and greet applicants, organize interview folders and applicant
material, schedule faculty interview assignments.
• Budget: Assist program directors, faculty, residents, fellows and
staff with travel and conference registration, process travel
reimbursements and conference registration for staff and residents,
submit and track departmental invoices and payments to finance for
payments, other duties as assigned.
• Other Duties as necessary: Including, but not limited to:
Orientation: Compile orientation material, assist with orientation
process/events, coordinate holiday party, catering hall/DJ/Payments
etc. Graduation: Coordinate graduation party with catering hall/DJ,
arrange for payments, clearance of graduating residents, etc.
• Answers phones and general office duties
• High School or GED.
• Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative
experience of which two (2) years must be in a medical/healthcare
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and/or Google app.
• Good interpersonal and communication (written and oral)
• Associate’s degree.
• Progressive administrative experience totaling 4 or more
• Prior experience with database maintenance
• Experience working in graduate medical education with
residents/fellows, recruitment or scheduling
• Experience with event planning
• Experience with new innovations, ERAS and knowledge of ACGME