Outpatient Phlebotomist - Float
Company: Yale-New Haven Health
Location: New Haven
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general supervision of the Outreach Phlebotomy Manager
and the Coordinator of the Outpatient Phlebotomy services within
Laboratory Medicine, performs phlebotomy for patients seen at draw
station locations. Also performs various office duties as necessary
to support the draw station operations. Consistently interacts with
patients and clients in a positive manner.
- Responsible for collecting laboratory samples and performing
electrocardiograms on patients in a safe and efficient manner,
following department standards to support quality patient
- 1.1 Daily stocks supplies in the blood drawing room to ensure
that service to patients takes place efficiently without compromise
- Performs office duties as required for the efficiency of the
blood draw station.
- 2.1 Daily scans the Advanced Beneficiary notices for all
Medicare patient draws according to department guidelines.
- Adheres to regulatory standards as required for an outpatient
- 3.1 Consistently captures the ABN information on all Medicare
- Participates in daily upkeep of blood draw area.
- 4.1 Maintains cleanliness and neatness of blood draw room
between each patient/client draw.
- Assists in teaching students and new employees.
- 5.1 Assists in training new personnel using departmental
training manual as reviewed by supervisory personnel.
- Consistently enters lab test orders into the Lab Medicine LIS
accurately and efficiently
- 6.1 Maintains a low ratio of errors to patients drawn.
- Processes specimens obtained or received at the draw station in
order to facilitate timely specimen testing at the central
- 7.1 Follows established specimen handling guidelines and
- Performs all functions relating to Laboratory Medicine patient
- 8.1 Using hospital wide standards, creates MR numbers for new
patients in the YNHH HIS and creates a complete registration.
High School diploma required and Graduation from an accredited
medical assistant program preferred.
A minimum of one year of current phlebotomy experience OR
successful completion of a YNHHS Laboratory Medicine Phlebotomy
Phlebotomy Certification or equivalent.
Knowledge of Phlebotomy and medical terminology. Ability to
effectively convey instructions to patients and students. Basic
computer and keyboarding skills required. Ability to problem-solve
and work independently.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Health, New Haven , Outpatient Phlebotomist - Float, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!