Assistant Manager (Part-Time), J.Crew Retail, Yale University
Location: New Haven
Posted on: May 3, 2021
You’ve got to…
- Love our brand, customers and teams and take every opportunity
to shout it from the mountaintop.
- Have a great fashion aesthetic and be plugged in to what’s
happening in the industry and community.
- Have a track record of setting and achieving goals.
- Enjoy working hard and always see things through from start to
- Be energized by change; shift gears quickly and rally the team
behind new strategies and projects.
- Make the best first impression; smile, welcome and connect with
- Be aware of what’s going on around you and pick up on subtle
cues to adjust your approach and tempo.
- Make smart decisions by: actively listening, understanding data
and looking beyond the obvious.
- Look under rocks, be curious, ask questions and think
- Know when to act and when to partner.
- Generate ideas to evolve the business.
We’ll want you to…
- Be the role model for creating personalized connections with
customers that exceed expectations.
- Observe Stylist performance on the selling floor and assist if
necessary to make a connection or sale.
- Lead fit sessions that enhance product knowledge and fuel a
- Emphasize the importance of fitting room connections and
observe | follow up with each Stylist.
- Help Stylists make the most of each customer interaction by
sharing specific actions to improve outcomes.
- Provide the communication and tools needed to motivate the team
to achieve key KPIs.
- Own the selling floor and ensure that the right people are in
the right place at the right time.
- Be ready to step in for another manager as needed.
- Find ways to get things done, even when time and resources are
in short supply.
- Plan and execute local events that tie to the community and
fuel incremental traffic and sales.
- Act in a manner that aligns with our values.
Oh, and by the way,
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent combo of education and
- Have 2 or more years of experience with similar scope,
specialty retail preferred.
- Communicate effectively and confidently.
- Process information and operate store systems accurately.
- Are available when we are busy, including: nights, weekends and
- Are adept with technology and apps and familiar with
industry-related blogs and feeds.
- Must bend, reach, stretch for product as well as lift, carry
and move at least 40 pounds | 18 kilos.
- Must regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to
Before we wrap, a word about a
few of our way cool perks…
Amazing discounts on
clothes and accessories (even new arrivals), flexible days and
hours, medical and prescription coverage (even for part time
managers) and 401(k)*.
We are committed to
affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry,
national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or
mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable
*401(k) eligibility rules
Keywords: Talent, New Haven , Assistant Manager (Part-Time), J.Crew Retail, Yale University, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!