ER Tech - SRC ED - part time
Company: Yale New Haven Health
Location: New Haven
Posted on: November 23, 2020
OVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should
understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and
live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered,
respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direct supervision of the RN or Patient Care Manager,
performs duties to care for the Emergency patients. This includes
assisting the RN or Physician with direct patient care and
performing EKG's, phlebotomy, splinting, point of care testing,
data collection on temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
pressure measurements, pain etc. Stocks supplies, sets up
equipment, transports patients, performs constant observation and
other related duties. Helps maintain a clean, ordered and safe work
* 1. Conducts patient care under the direction of the RN.
* 1.1 Accepts patient into cubicle and removes clothing, bags and
labels. Provides patient a pillow
* 2. Performs non-sterile treatments such as: cold compresses,
post-mortem care, Foley catheter care, Ace bandages, applying casts
and orthopedic splints including Hare traction, non-sterile
dressings, sitz baths.
* 2.1 Assists patients with turning, coughing and deep
* 3. Performs specimen collection/procedures.
* 3.1 Phelbotomy: Uses computer system as required to document and
print labels. Verifies patient identification by checking ID
bracelet. Uses correct technique and procedures in collecting
specimens, including correct collection tubes and obtaining correct
amount of blood as specified. Performs finger stick glucose
* 4. Uses effective interpersonal relation skills in all
* 4.1 Demonstrates respect for the other person in all
* 5. Maintains active involvement in all educational activities
related to role.
* 5.1 Attends all mandatory inservices and equipment validations.
Attends other educational offerings as assigned.
* 6. Performs other responsibilities as requested by Manager.
* 6.1 Assists in orienting new Clinical Technicians.
High school diploma or equivalent; and completed ER Tech training
or other equivalent (i.e. completed EMT Training or Student Nurse
who has completed one semester of clinical experience)
Either (A) One (1) year of patient care experience or experience in
an emergency room or other related setting or (B) Student Nurse who
has completed one semester of clinical experience
English speaking, reading and writing ability. Competent to provide
care to patients of all ages. CPR certification preferred or must
attain it before completion of orientation and maintain the
certification. Must complete specialized training and be adequately
prepared upon completion of probationary period for urine pregnancy
testing, orthopedic casting and splints and phlebotomy. Ability to
handle multiple tasks in a fast paced setting.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING
Minimum - $15.25/hr.
Maximum - $25.04/hr
Keywords: Yale New Haven Health, New Haven , ER Tech - SRC ED - part time, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!