MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare
services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and
Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including,
but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare,
Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold,
Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health +
Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States,
MetroPlus' network includes over 27,000 primary care providers,
specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years,
MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with
its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their
Reporting to the Head of Product, the Commercial Product Manager
is responsible for the development, implementation & ongoing
oversight of all commercial products offered by MetroPlus Health.
The Product Manager will support key analytical activities to
support the Plan's strategic position. The Product Manager will
accountable for & own the full spectrum of product strategy &
operations, remaining proactive in identifying opportunities for
* Provide oversight of plan & vendor operations as they relate
to the commercial lines of business aligning outcomes to strategic
goals & requirements.
* Develop & track reports to track operational
* Provide end-to-end account management support for key groups
as needed to ensure products meet the diverse needs of members, and
operations support an optimal customer experience.
* Partner with operational departments including Claims,
Customer Service, Finance, Enrollment, Vendor
* Management, & Medical Management to design
processes/procedures ensuring effective & efficient operations.
* Support key stakeholders in driving initiatives to meet
quality & customer satisfaction goals.
* Maintain customer focus throughout Plan operations to ensure a
seamless & excellent customer experience.
* Identify & integrate operational best practices, partnering
with key departments to optimize processes across the organization
such as benefits administration, marketing & communications,
* Partner with internal & external stakeholders on key
strategic, regulatory, & operational projects.
* Partner with New York City Office of Labor Relations, relevant
City unions & agencies to fully understand the New York City
* Perform competitive analysis & forecasting to inform product
design to achieve optimal positioning & performance, partner with
Marketing & communications to develop strategies to achieve
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
an appropriate discipline required.
* Master's degree in business, healthcare or public
administration strongly preferred.
* Minimum 3 years experience at a Health Plan offering
commercial insurance in a product management or compliance
* Strong knowledge & understanding of the health insurance
industry including underwriting rules & requirements, rate-setting,
Flexible Spending Accounts, Labor Service Agreements, Health
Savings Accounts, NYC Employee Assistance Programs, etc.
* Ability to communicate & partner effectively with brokers &
* Thorough knowledge of NYC government agencies & unions.
* Experience working in cross-functional teams.
* Demonstrated experience developing & implementing sales &
* Demonstrated ability to develop workflows, policies,
* Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for improvement
& implement solutions.
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
* Excellent analytical skills demonstrated by an ability to use
actionable data to support decision-making, and to proactively
* Highly collaborative, and demonstrating good judgment in
seeking consensus & input from multiple stakeholders to drive
* Ability to take initiative & think independently
* Demonstrate understanding & acceptance of the MetroPlus
Mission, Vision, & Values
* Business acumen
* Systems orientation
* Process improvement
* Data-driven decision-making
* Customer focus
* Written/oral communication
* Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced & constantly