To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
The Orthodontist, with the Dental Services Program Directors,
participates in operation of the Dental Services Program through
oversight and training of residents in the delivery of
comprehensive orthodontic care in the outpatient clinics, hospital
in-patient care, and operating room treatment; by providing direct
patient care; and by coordinating and providing lectures, seminars,
and clinical demonstrations to the residents. Responsible for
direct patient care in alignment with Yale New Haven Hospitals
Standard of Excellence. Ensures that Dental Services within the
span of control demonstrates superior outcome, provides seamless
delivery of patient care, and maintains competitive cost
1. Assists Program Directors in successful oversight of the
Dental Services program and Orthodontics within the program.
2. Assists Program Directors in establishing resident schedules
(didactics and lectures, clinical patient care, operating rooms,)
in collaboration with other teaching programs cooperating with
Y-NHH dental Services.
3. Actively participates in bi-annual evaluations of all
residents and visiting students with orthodontia focus.
4. In coordination with the Program Directors, ensures an
appropriate educational experience for assigned residents by
providing oversight of patient care and delivery of educational
5. Provides direct resident supervision.
6. Is actively involved in the Dental Grand Rounds as both
presenter and coordinator.
7. Participates in the operational success of the department
through direct patient care, regulatory compliance and other
8. Ensures compliance with ADA, JCAHO, CMS, DPH, CODA and other
external agency standards.
9. Ensures proper usage and maintenance of the practice
equipment by residents and staff
10. Participates in hospital administrative committees as
11. Supervises and educates on the designs and fabrication of
appliances, such as space maintainers, retainers, and labial and
lingual arch wires, to alter position and relationship of teeth and
jaws, and to realign teeth to produce and maintain normal
12. Collaborate with residents and Program Directors to analyze
patient data to determine patient needs or treatment goals.
13. Actively participate in the residents? communication of
detailed medical information to patients or family members.
14. Instruct Dental officers and dental assistants in
orthodontic procedures and techniques.
15. Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide
16. Participates in Craniofacial Clinic at YNHH evaluating
patients that may require orthodontic treatment.
17. Attends and participates in the Orthognathic Surgery
18. Works with support and administrative personnel to improve
processes and patient flow within the dental clinics.
19. Patient recruitment to the office.
20. Ensures that you are held accountable for adhering to
patient experience standards.
21. Ensures that policies,processes and procedures are
consistent across Dental locations.
22. Models patient experience standards and demonstrates value
for all people in the work environment.
D.M.D./D.D.S. or equivalent professional degree. Certificate in
Orthodontics required. Master's in Orthodontics preferred
One year of post Residency experience required.Three years of
continuous Orthodontics experience in an academic or private
practice setting is preferred. Demonstrated administrative
experience in didactic/clinical teaching, research, publications
and grant writing is preferred
CT Dental License, CT Controlled Substance License Preferred
Superior verbal and written communication skills, strong
interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships that bring
a variety of disciplines together, demonstrated scholarship in
teaching and curriculum development, proven track record in
developing and enhancing strategic growth initiatives, clinical and
educational innovation and work towards maximizing research output
within the department
No special conditions