Senior Software Test Engineer Full-time
Company Description Prominent Medical Devices Company
JOB TITLE: Test Engineer III / Senior level Software Test
CLIENT: A prominent Medical Devices Company.
CONTRACT: 12 months contract (04/24/2017 to 04/23/2018) with a
possibility of extension - possibility to be an employee based.
LOCATION: North Haven CT USA 06473
Pay Rate: To be discussed over the phone
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This Senior Software Test Engineer will work within the R&D
engineering team to develop and support the next generation robotic
assisted surgical system
This Software Test Engineer should have experience working in a
fast-paced environment developing test procedures and C++ software
using GMock and/or Vectorcast to automate the verification of
software requirements for safety critical products.
In addition, s/he will work with cross-functional engineering
teams to insure requirements are clear and testable, and be capable
of reviewing test protocols and test software developed by the test
Education required/ preferred:
• A minimum of a BS/BA in a technical discipline, preferably
software related: Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
• 5 years or more experience in a regulated environment. FDA
• Experience with Medical Product verification and FDA
• Thorough understanding of creating test protocols for
verifying software requirements.
• Ability to create test automation infrastructure, and plan for
automated regression testing.
• Experience testing complex electro-mechanical devices
controlled by software.
• Experience with embedded RTOS and knowledge of C and C++.
• Ability to manage, track and upgrade multiple hardware and
• Ability to work with Systems, Mechanical, Electrical and
Software engineers when discovering, documenting, and resolving
• Understanding of IEC 62304 a strong plus.
• Need to work well with diverse software teams, and work well
in large groups.
• Experience delivering software testing results for FDA
• Experience with GMock and/or Vectorcast
Fluency in English required
Additional Information All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.