Bilingual Integrated Family Care and Support (IFCS) Coordinator
Company: Beacon Health Options
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 24, 2020
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with
behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader
in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across
all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering
a'world-class' candidate experience from the moment you
click'Apply'! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential,
while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for
Beacon Health options is currently seeking a dynamic Bilingual
Integrated Family Care and Support (IFCS) Coordinator to join our
team in Region 2 -Milford or New Haven, CT. The IFCS program is
responsible for providing support to families referred by the
Department of Children and Families (DCF). The program works with
families through a family-driven, strength-based, culturally and
linguistically responsive model. The program supports families in
developing solutions, identify an array community resources based
on their need, and promotes permanent connections for the family.
The IFCS Coordinator works directly with families to connect them
to supports they need to reach their identified family goals.
Integrated Family Care and Support (IFCS), engages families while
connecting them to concrete, traditional and non-traditional
resources in their community, utilizing components of a Wraparound
Family Team Model approach. Families will have access to the full
array of Department funded services.
What does a typical day look like?
- Empowers families through education and support to enable them
to take a lead role in planning for and responding to their
- Maintains direct contact with families through telephone and
face-to-face contact as often as determined by the family's Plan of
Care and based on the individual/family specific needs.
- Maintains appropriate documentation by entering collected data
into electronic systems based on the needs and demands of the
- Develops and maintains the family's plan while maintaining
fidelity to the program model in all activities.
- Provides ongoing assessment of the family's needs and amends
the family's plan as necessary to reflect changes within the
- Assembles, coordinates, and facilitates family team
- Assists the family in accessing programs/services to address
their needs, including but not limited to: mental health, substance
use, domestic violence/intimate partner violence, basic needs, and
- Helps the family build connections to non-traditional supports
and services in the community.
- Participates in all training modules including coaching and
mentoring activities required based on the needs and demands of the
- Flexibility when working with families. Working hours may be
outside the normal business hours based on family's needs.
- Travel may include going outside the assigned geographic
location based on the family's need.
What you Contribute?
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related field
Licensure: Valid Drivers License required
Experience: Will have 2- 3 years' experience providing direct
services to children and families of diverse populations with
complex needs. Will have assessment& treatment plan development
experience and care management experience. This person shall have
strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to
organize and implement action. Computer skills and knowledge of
community and state resources is essential.
Knowledge, Skills& Abilities:
- Basic knowledge and limited skills or competency in MS Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project.
- Intermediate level knowledge, skill, and ability with analysis
and problem solving, interpersonal communication, verbal and
written communication, group presentation and public speaking, and
collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it's not just a job- it's an opportunity to change
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members,
providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health& wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for?
Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free
Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top
priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using
official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates
who have applied for an open position through our Careers page
(careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview
process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the
phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon
recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable
information from you.
Keywords: Beacon Health Options, New Haven , Bilingual Integrated Family Care and Support (IFCS) Coordinator, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!