Lead Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: Yale New Haven Health Careers
Location: New Haven
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Overview To be part of our organization, every employee should
understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and
live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered,
respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is responsible is for ensuring the efficiency and
effectiveness of the Accounts Payable team. This position works in
conjunction with Accounts Payable Leadership to identify and
resolve workflow and operational issues in conjunction with our
partners in Information Technology Services (ITS), and Corporate
Supply Chain (CSC). This person will work with Accounts Payable
department staff to identify areas of process improvement. This
position also works on improving procedures and participates in
planning and implementing system improvements to enhance the
operational workflows of the department. This high level of
responsibility means working with ITS and Corporate Supply Chain
(CSC) , in a 100% respectful and professional manner. This person
must perform in a way that will guarantee every effort is made to
satisfy the customer while continuing to build and develop
partnerships with our clients, as observed by the Accounts Payable
- 1.Works closely with AP Representatives to review vendor
statements, identify issues, and assist AP Rep with resolutions to
the identified problems.
- 2.Supports AP team members to resolve complex issues in invoice
payment between vendor and AP.
- 3.Troubleshoots Infor, Hyland, MHC, and any other software
system problems and creates written documentation on issues for ITS
to understand and document problem to the appropriate software
- 4.Assists AP Management with measuring department?s
- 5.Monitors and analyzes data reports, and error reports. Shares
findings and concerns with AP Management Team, ITS, and Corporate
Supply Chain (CSC) to identify areas where there are repeated
errors and works to modify existing workflows to address
- 6.Develops new reports and process changes to improve
Procure-to-Pay processes. Interacts with ITS, JDAT, and CSC
colleagues to determine root cause and collaborative solutions to
AP invoice payment issues.
- 7.Identifies specific issues with purchase order creation,
provides written documentation to CSC management on how to
structure PO?s for seamless AP matching and payment.
- 8.Documents AP workflows using Visio or other software
- 9.Creates test scripts for Infor CU upgrade testing, enters in
the ALM software module, and validates testing results.
- 10.Coordinates Infor testing and implementation of software
- 11.Assist ITS department to test and validate software fixes in
development before moving to production.
- 12.Supports data conversion and integration activities.
- 13.Is the team lead in for AP processing staff. Attends
meetings and represents AP?s challenges that have been identified
while working closely with AP Reps.
- 14.Assists in training new staff and existing staff on changes
or updates in processing.
- 15.Serves as a subject matter expert for Infor Systems.
- 16.Assists with compliance with EBP identified processes.
- 17.Assists with providing documentation in all Finance audit
- 18.Periodically reviews AP intranet website to ensure current
information, and works with AP staff who are responsible for
keeping the website current.
- 19.Acts as backup to other department members as
- 20.Other duties as assigned.Qualifications EDUCATION
4-year college degree in Computer Science or Business
Minimum of 2-3 years of related progressive experience. Experience
with Infor, Excel, Word.
Must possess excellent verbal, organizational and communications
skills and must be able to work independently with minimal to no
direction. Ability to effectively use Outlook, Word, and Infor.
Must be able to communicate in a clear, appropriate, understandable
and respectful manner to all customers at all levels. Participate
in any payroll in-services and needed. Participates in any Accounts
Payable in-services as needed.
Keywords: Yale New Haven Health Careers, New Haven , Lead Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!