Software Test Analyst
Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Location: New Haven
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Job Location: New Haven, CT
The Test Analyst plans, designs, manages, executes and reports on
testing using appropriate testing tools and techniques conforming
to agreed process standards as defined by Service Transition &
- Manage the complete test cycle of software development from
requirements testing to user acceptance and release testing.
- Understand business, functional and technical aspects of
applications in assigned portfolio.
- Plan testing at different stages within the development cycle,
including formulation of testing objectives and quality criteria,
development of testing strategy and testing approach.
- Prepare effort estimation.
- Define and communicate the test strategy for the
- Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet
business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user
- Utilize all test processes, including test plans, test
deliverables and traceability.
- Design, develop and execute reusable and maintainable automated
scripts using available tools.
- Create and conduct REST & SOAP Web Service tests using SoapUI,
REST API clients.
- Performs data mapping and data analysis. Creates data mapping
and data visualization documents.
- Design and develop test cases in consultation with programmers
and Business Analyst based on requirements specifications and
- Execute test and reviews test data within specified scheduled
- Ensure cohesive integration of test and development
- Assist in monitoring unit testing and preliminary integration
testing by programmers.
- Take responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance
activities and coordinate the execution of these activities.
- Assist in Management of business/client relationships with
respect to testing matters.
- Organize and conduct user acceptance and release testing of the
- Participate in triage process, fully reproducing issues,
communicating workarounds, developing missing test scenarios and
validating fixes; accurately submitting and maintaining defects in
the appropriate repository.
- Work closely with Programmers and Business Analysts to resolve
technical, design and functional issues.
- Identify process improvements and contribute to corporate
testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Recommend functional and non-functional testing standards and
implement same within the software test cycle.
- Participate in peer review of software development cycle
- Prepare and submit reports on work progress on a regular basis.
On-Call and/or after-hours work required
- Qualifications Skill Qualifications
- Experience with Microsoft Visual studio and Azure DevOps
- Proficiency in software testing techniques, testing tools,
incident/defect tracking systems and other test-support tools
- Proficiency in scripting test cases and defining test data
- Experience in testing in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid
- Experience in functional analysis, testing, verification, and
- Experience in estimating testing efforts
- Experience leading user acceptance testing
- Experience in client/server, web-based systems, and/or
- Strong Analytical skills
- Data analysis and presentation skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral
- Effectively participates in teams and moves toward completion
- Effectively resolves conflicts -
- Experience with at least 2 defect tracking tools (e.g., HP ALM,
Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest, Team Track) and 1 test
management tool (e.g., HP ALM)
- Data analysis skills including ability to perform intermediate
- Experience with Scripting languages.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Visio, Word,
PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills required
- Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud
applications, web services, server-side components and APIs -
Education and Experience Qualifications
- BS or BA with emphasis in computer science, information systems
or business administration
- 5 or more years related work experience -
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB)
Foundation Certification a plus More Details PDS Tech Commercial,
Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy,
genetic information, or other legally protected status.Founded in
1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty
staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by positionPDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$We
pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look
at where we are .If you have questions, please click here to
PDS Tech Commercial, Inc. is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking
employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us.
We will make a determination on your request for reasonable
accommodation on a case-by-case basis.The law requires PDS Tech to
post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job
discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and
protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law
and EEO is the Law Supplement PDS Tech will not discharge or in any
other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because
they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay.
Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for
more information.As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech is required to
participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work
in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., New Haven , Software Test Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...