Software Development Engineer
Company: Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Software Development Engineer
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon USA in Melville, NY is seeking a Software Development Engineer (Engineer, Software Development).As a key member of the DIS Customer Success Solution Delivery team, the Software Development Engineer is responsible for developing, designing, and creating software applications. Their main responsibilities are to design software, test, ensure the functionality of the applications and create software user manuals.
This position is full time and offers a hybrid work schedule requiring you to be in the office Monday and Wednesday and an option to work from home the remainder of the week (unless a specific business need arises requiring in office attendance on other days). Note that work schedules and office reporting requirements may change from time to time based on business needs.
Plan, design, develop and test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Participate in departmental development efforts. This task involves participation in all phases of software design and development of integrated systems including requirements gathering, designing, coding, and testing. Applications may be one-of-a-kind customizations or products.
The software development engineer will be responsible for installing software applications will do the following:
- Work with other developers, business analysts and project managers to design, develop and deliver software products and solution implementations
- Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of the Digital Imaging Solution and Customer Success software solutions
- Participate in solution development/delivery, using our products and platforms
- Participate in software review process which includes the analysis of software design, functionality and performance
- Leverage Agile practices to incrementally and iteratively deliver
- Assist in providing technical and troubleshooting support to developers using Canon Software which includes assisting department support staff in situations that require particular expertise and experience
- Provide expert assistance to the Customer Success support team when necessary
Please note: We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or computer science discipline required, plus 3 - 5 years of related experience
- Basic scripting (VB or JS) and programming (.Net, Java,.COM, XML)
- Basic knowledge of SQL DBs (MSSQL, Oracle, DB2) and SQLs
- Basic knowledge of IIS, Certificates, Web Application, Internet Connectivity, Network Monitoring, VM
- Familiarity with JIRA and Salesforce on creating support tickets
- 1+ year of support experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to read and analyze application logs
- Priority management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent work ethic: Reliable, Responsible, Flexible, Professional, Patient and Hard Working
- Ability to learn
- Planning and delivery of training
- Expertise in Canon Software and related technologies is necessary
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020* and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
*Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon/benefits-and-compensation
We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/about-us/life-at-canon.
#PM19 #LI-AV1 #CUSA #LI-HYBRID
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Canon U.S.A., Inc., New Haven , Software Development Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Melville, Connecticut
here to apply!