Technical Operator - 2nd Shift
Company: Estee Lauder
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Ensure assigned packaging resources are changed over and
operating at the production standard while meeting all safety and
* Operate and support changing over different types of packaging
equipment efficiently and effectively. Ensure all quality and
safety processes are being maintained.
* Complete all required documentation and follow and adhere to all
SOP/WKI procedures that apply to running or changing over packaging
* Perform basic mechanical troubleshooting during the course of
running the packaging equipment.
* May be assigned as a station-filled operator on the packaging
Environmental Health and Safety goals (At All Times)
Key goal: Eliminate accidents. Mentor line personnel to support
this goal. Ensure our environmental goals are being met.
* Complies with all prescribed Safety and GMP procedures.
* Proactively identify and resolve safety and ergonomic
* Advise crew members to utilize proper ergonomic related equipment
* Address or report any necessary safety related issues or
* Advise crew members to follow all policies and procedures
(recycling, PPE, etc.).
* Maintain a clean and orderly work center following 5S and adhere
to all Regulatory Guidelines.
* Engage in site wide safety programs.
Produce High Quality finished goods (At All Times)
Key goal: Produce products that meet all quality expectations and
* Follow cGMP and corporate quality SOP's at all times.
* Perform all required quality checks as described in our plant
* Prepare mass according to fill specs and transferring to
* Understand PPM and defect prevention practices.
* Ensure accuracy of components, both quantity and quality to start
Resource Set-up, Operability, and Basic Technical Fundamentals
Key Goal: Ensure resources are running to operating standards while
manufacturing products that meet all quality expectations with
* Operate packaging equipment during production runs; perform basic
* Perform Operator tasks in work center, including in-process
quality checks, manual filling and packaging, loading machinery
* Assist mechanic in basic set-ups / changeovers for packaging and
* Communicate closely with the Mechanic, Process Coordinator and
Supervisor to ensure the resource is running effectively.
* Disassemble and clean equipment in accordance with line
clearance, cleaning and sanitization procedures.
* Assist in performing equipment Cleaning and inspection
* Perform line clearance of components and mass.
* Initiate basic trouble shooting; assess and address failure modes
* Communicate component shortages to the Supervisors, Process
Coordinators, and Mechanics.
* Provide and communicate cross over information during shift
change to next shift.
* Monitor attainment board for efficiency goals on each job
* Complete production paperwork as required by position.
Continuous Improvement (20%)
Key goal: Use LEAN tools to solve daily issues.
* Actively participate and support facility and corporate Lean
Manufacturing initiatives including but not limited to: Value
Stream Mapping, and Kaizen events.
* Develop knowledge on Principle of Operations and troubleshooting
guides for resources assigned.
All items specified are continuous or as required. Communicate
closely with the Process Coordinator to ensure the resource is
Perform other duties as assigned.
Quality Assurance Supervision
Maintenance and Reliability Supervision
Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
TIR / Accident rate
Rejection rate (Quality Notifications)
Cleaners, Fillers, Press, Cap/Pump Placers
Overwraps, Case Sealers, Labelers, Coders and Video Jets
Multi-lift and drum-lift
Hand tools and power tools as trained
* Preferred 6 months of packaging operator experience.
* Must be safety oriented.
* Must be able to perform a variety of tasks including and not
limited to breaking down and reassembling the production equipment
(equipment changeover) and technical operation of packaging
* Must be able to display basic mechanical/technical skills.
* Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
* Must have strong communication, problem solving and multi-tasking
* Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
* Display strong math skills (addition, subtraction, percentages,
* Must be detail oriented.
* Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds.
* Required to have and maintain a good attendance record.
* Able to work overtime
* High School diploma or equivalent
Job: Manufacturing - Supply Chain
Primary Location: US-NY-Melville
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 2nd (Afternoon) Shift
Job Number: 2220724
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is
Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex
or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military
service and veteran status, physical or mental disability,
protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local
law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The
Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation
consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and
prospective employees with a disability and to employees and
prospective employees with needs related to their religious
observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position
or any other position with the Company and you believe you require
assistance to complete an application or participate in an
interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.
Keywords: Estee Lauder, New Haven , Technical Operator - 2nd Shift, IT / Software / Systems , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!