Technical Program Manager
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 24, 2022
WE GO BEYOND THE OBVIOUS, USING INTELLIGENCE, PASSION AND
CREATIVITY TO INSPIRE NEW THINKING AND SHAPE THE WORLD WE LIVE IN.
TO START A CAREER THAT IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY, PLEASE APPLY...
We are a leading evidence and advisory business for governments,
multilateral organizations, and the private sector. With our roots
in the world's oldest and best-known social research businesses, we
have been partnering with clients across the globe to answer the
next generation of public policy challenges for almost ninety
Today, we work at the intersection of data, technology, and human
understanding. Our specialist teams create the evidence required
for decision making, and advise clients on national statistics and
longitudinal programmes, public policy design and evaluation,
ground-breaking behavior change programmes, and public opinion
We pioneer technologies that support new ways to reach and connect
with citizens, often in challenging and hard-to-reach environments.
We speak with hundreds of thousands of citizens every year on
behalf of clients who trust us to define the gold standard of data
integrity. We use our unique data ecosystem to provide the first
evidence that enables governments to respond quickly at times of
crisis. In the everyday, we continuously invest in our expertise in
behavioral science and social change to tackle the world's most
pressing social, environmental, and economic challenges.
From advising governments on gender equality in the workplace, to
providing the measure of national inflation, transforming the
citizen experience of publicservices, or improving access to
education in lower income countries - our consultants work across
the breadth of public policy to build the quality of the public
Visit www.kantarpublic.com for more information.
Kantar Public's Development Practice technical program manager will
be responsible for ensuring that sound management principles and
tools are employed in the processes and procedures of Kantar
Public's Development Practice technical unit in the areas of MEL,
CLA, Data Analytics and Social and Behavior Change. The Program
Manger reports to the VP Technical Development Practice.
**Overall Role Responsibilities**
The Technical Program Manager will:
- Provide technical, management, procedural, and administrative
support to the unit in the areas of MEL, CLA, Social and Behavior
Change and Data Analytics.
- Manage all operations, including but not limited to performance
management processes, USG compliance oversight
- Support the VP Technical and technical directors to develop,
implement, and troubleshoot strategies, plans, and procedures;
ensure consistency in across the technical division.
- Maintains a variety of organizational tools to manage staff,
including consultant rosters, leave schedules, and org chart
- Serve as project manager for designated projects including
deliverable coordination, technical direction, staffing,
contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of
progress, review of final products.
- Liaise between field and headquarters office teams on
operational, contractual, human resource, and administrative
matters. Maintain and manage a positive working relationship with
consultants and clients.
- Draft terms of reference for technical assistance activities for
designated projects. Recruit subcontracts and consultants to carry
out required tasks.
- Monitor project budgets, project invoices, and monthly
- Identify budget and schedule risks, monitor and report on
- Support start-up and close out of projects as needed.
- Train and mentor junior staff.
- Undertake technical research to support on-going project and
practice initiatives, including in key areas of growth.
- Engage in short-term technical assignments on projects.
- Coordinate and contribute to the completion of technical
- Support field implementation activities.
- Facilitate of workshops and stakeholder meetings during field
visits for relevant projects and/or proposals.
- Represent Kantar Public as a technical professional, to include
presentations on technical topics at external networking events and
participation in subject matter working groups internally and
- Contribute to technical reports and thought pieces for clients,
internal Kantar reports, and the broader international development
- Contribute to pre-proposal and proposal efforts through
coordination, market research, recruitment, and other areas as
- Support opportunity teaming efforts including identification of
partners, evaluation of qualifications, partner outreach, and
- Support development of technical approaches and development of
- Provide written inputs to various sections of proposals including
technical narratives, staffing, qualifications, management, and
other, as required by the requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Participate in overseas marketing initiatives, targeting key
private and public sector stakeholders and/or USAID.
- Liaise with recruiters and field staff to identify, interview,
and recruit the best candidates for upcoming projects.
- Conceptualize and draft marketing materials in consultation with
- Identify new opportunities through desktop and in-country
- Undergraduate degree in international relations, government,
- 3-7 years of progressively responsible technical experience in
international development working on the project activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in project coordination for various clients, public
and private sector.
- Experience providing business development and proposal
coordinating support for United States Government development
institutions and other international development organizations.
- Strong analytical capabilities, critical thinking skills.
- Clear and concise writing capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and passion for
- Willingness to travel overseas to developing countries up to 20%
of the time.
- Project management experience on large, complex donor-funded
- Experience working on proposals for United States Government
development institutions and other international development
- Overseas experience in developing countries, either short- or
**Privacy and Legal Statement**
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE: Please note that by applying to this
opportunity you consent to the personal data you provide to us to
be processed and retained by The Kantar Group Limited ("Kantar").
Your details will be kept on our Internal ATS (Applicant Tracking
System) for as long as is necessary for the purposes of
recruitment, which may include your details being shared with the
hiring manager(s) and for consideration for potential future
opportunities by Kantar and its affiliate Kantar group companies.
**KANTAR REWARDS STATEMENT**
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based
around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our
approach helps to ensure we are market competitiveand alsoto
support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career
progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and
creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in.
Apply for a career that's out of the ordinary and join us.
We want to create an equality of opportunity in a fair and
supportive working environment where people feel included, accepted
and are allowed to flourish in a space where their mental health
andwell beingis taken into consideration.
At Kantar Public, the diversity of our employees provides a richer
environment for our people, and broader depth and breadth of
thinking for our clients. We are committed to inclusion and
diversity. We want to create a more diverse community to expand our
talent pool, be locally representative, drive diversity of thinking
and better commercial outcomes.
Therefore, we welcome applications from all sections of society and
do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital
status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Kantar is the world's leading data, insights and consulting
company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop,
share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in
human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar's 30,000
people help the world's leading organisations succeed and grow.
Keywords: Kantar, New Haven , Technical Program Manager, IT / Software / Systems , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!