IT Project Manager
Location: New Haven
Posted on: June 22, 2022
IT Project ManagerLocation: New Haven, CT (Hybrid)Duration: 6+
Month Contract Job Summary:The Project Manager is responsible for
the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution,
control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency
with company strategy, commitments and goals. This includes
acquiring and managing resources and coordinating the efforts of
team members, business stakeholders, and third-party contractors or
consultants to deliver projects according to plan, and within
defined timelines and budget. The Project Manager will direct
multiple complex projects involving one or more project teams
utilizing Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, or Hybrid methodologies.
They are responsible for the adoption and adaption of project
management methodologies based on the context of the project and
selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or
adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. The project manager will
also define the projects objectives and oversee quality control
throughout its life cycle. Responsible for preparing and
communicating status reports on the health of the project.
Responsibilities of IT Project Manager:
- Define, document and successfully complete complex projects
(typically with significant business, political or high-profile
impact, and high-risk dependencies).
- Adopt and adapt project management methods and tools, selecting
appropriately from plan-driven/predictive approaches or more
adaptive (iterative and agile) approaches.
- Ensure that effective project control, change control, risk
management, design, development, and testing processes are
- Monitor and control resources, revenue and capital costs
against the project budget, and manage expectations of all project
- Align project objectives with company goals, and make sure
project team is clear on objectives.
- Work with Solution Managers to staff initiatives with
appropriate skill sets.
- Communicate project status, progress and issues effectively and
appropriately, including periodic report creation and
- Drive vendor selection activities, using established RFP
process. May be assigned Statement of Work (SOW) activities as
- Provide ongoing facilitation and coaching that enables the team
to excel at Agile development
- Manage sprint velocity-related metrics and goals
- Run scrum ceremonies, e.g., daily huddles, backlog grooming,
sprint planning and sprint retrospectives to actively manage risks
and external dependencies
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
while promoting joint accountability for results and problem
- Assist Product Owners to shape the product road-map and
- Work multiple projects simultaneously
- On-Call and/or after-hours work required Qualifications of IT
- At least 10 years of project management experience including at
least 2 years working with Agile.
- Must have Project Management experience with complex
- Agile and Waterfall experience is a must have and a hybrid of
both is nice to have
- Experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, Test Driven
Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Paired
Programming and Automated Testing.
- Experience with PPM and Agile tools such as Confluence,
Clarity, Wrike, JIRA, Rally etc.
- Insurance experience is a plus
- Experience performing the Scrum Master role for a software
development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles,
practices, and theory.
- PMP and Scrum Master certifications are a plus.
- ERP and CRM Project experience is very nice to have.
- Basic Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud
applications, web services, server-side components and APIs.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Visio, Word,
PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Documented ability to contain project scope, and act as owner
for all project outcomes.
- Practical experience in managing agile development
- Skilled in developing a culture of teamwork and customer
service including facilitation, situational awareness, conflict
resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing
- Experience at working both independently and in a
team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
including upper management, clients and other departments.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral
- Experience working in highly fast paced team-oriented,
- Experience implementing technology projects. Education:
- BA or BS in Business, Project Management, Computer Science, or
other business-related field.
Keywords: USPRO, New Haven , IT Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!