Senior Administrator, Microsoft
Company: Catholic Health
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Facility: CHS Services Location: Melville, NY Department:
Desktop & Server Architecture Category: IT Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day shift Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM ReqNum: 6041176Position
SummaryThe Senior Microsoft Systems Admin is charged with assisting
the Team Leads in project level activities and management of day to
day activities, while mentoring staff administrators. This position
is responsible to architect solutions that enhance operations and
automation. This individual ensures that systems hardware,
software, operating systems, and related procedures adhere to
organizational strategy and known best practices. Candidate
participates in technical research and development to enable
continued innovation, and optimization.Duties/Responsibilities
- Design, develop and participate in project appropriate aspects
of information systems lifecycles (business requirements
definition, selection / planning, build, test, train,
implementation, production support)
- Ability to work within a team environment, be a self-starter,
have strong time management and communication skills, be highly
focused / disciplined, and be willing to take ownership and produce
deliverables on schedule
- Install, configure and maintain Microsoft based systems
- Actively manage daily system administrative duties, including
but not limited to error monitoring, storage management, processor
utilization analysis and data integrity validation
- Achieves system upgrades - hardware / software, patch
management and system tuning
- Assist with maintaining enterprise backup and restoration of
- Develops technical and procedural documentation for related
systems and applications
- Participate in the development and implementation of CHS'
business / disaster recovery tests to ensure that plans are current
- Work closely with vendors and other suppliers of IT related
products and services to implement solutions or solve business
- Contribute to and consistently apply CHS' security policies and
procedures to the system infrastructure
- Working with IT team members to assess and solve teams'
application to server related issues.
- Provide Tier II and Tier III end-user rollout and
troubleshooting support as directed
- Performs related and unrelated duties as assigned or requested.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Bachelors' Degree in Information Systems / Computer
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP or VCAP) preferred.
- Microsoft Systems Administration training and / or
certification. Skills: Successful Implementation / Knowledge Of The
- VMware ESXI experience (certification/plus)
- Site Recovery Manager
- vSphere Replication
- Storage integration (FC, iSCSI/NAS)
- vRealize Operations Manager
- Active Directory and Windows security
- Group Policy Management
- Sites & Services Management
- Federated Services (desirable)
- Microsoft Operating Systems - desktop and server (2008 through
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft scripting (PowerShell, Batch and SQL)
- System automation
- Solarwinds monitoring experience
- Data Protection experience
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuity
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication
- A predisposition to collaborate with others in the attainment
of common goals and objectives.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite including Visio and
Project, with the ability to document systems architecture.
- Effective human relations and personnel management skills.
- Capability to work independently, with ability to
- Willingness to travel from entity to entity.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Available for on-call or off hour support - 24 x 7 x 365.
Keywords: Catholic Health, New Haven , Senior Administrator, Microsoft, IT / Software / Systems , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!