SQL Server Database Administrator - Virtual/Remote
Company: TOPS Software
Location: New Haven
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Job DescriptionTOPS is looking for a Database Engineer to join
our team!There was a time when asked "Where should I store my
data?", the answer was always, "A relational database, of course!"
And it was a good answer… at the time. Well, not anymore, not
always. Sure, relational databases are still very useful but we
also have non-relational databases, key-value stores, flat file
stores, graph databases, and more. If you want to help our
customers move data into and around the various data stores
available in AWS… we should talk! We are looking for talented
database engineers that are passionate about data, replication, and
data stores of all kinds. Do you have experience in some or all of:
AWS RDS, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Aurora, MongoDB? If you do, and
you're looking for a position loaded with multiple technologies and
interesting challenges, you may have found what you're looking
for.This job is remote-eligible, with preference given to
candidates in Tampa, Knoxville and Dallas. Pay range is 100-120k,
depending on experience.We are passionate about helping our
customers move data into and around within our ecosystem. If you
want to join us, here are some things you should have:
- A forward-looking attitude that keeps you aware of the latest
in database and replication technologies.
- A penchant for digging deep and attacking difficult and complex
- A curious nature that compels you to find creative approaches
to problems where a solution seems elusive.
- A sense of ownership that drives quality in everything you
- A deep respect for our customers and their security
requirements to keep their data safe. You should have
- Minimum 3 years experience building and maintaining complex
mission-critical production database systems
- Experience with relational databases including MySQL, Postgres
- Expert knowledge of at least one procedural language for at
least one database (PL/SQL, T-SQL, etc.)
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application
tier through the database, down to the storage.
- Broad awareness of customer workloads and use cases, including
performance, availability, and scalability.
- Deep knowledge and experience designing and maintaining
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.).
BenefitsMedical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance,
401K, Paid Life Insurance, Long term disability leave, Life
Insurance, Paid holidays, Paid time off, Educational Tuition
Reimbursement, Employee Referral ProgramCultureWhy TOPS
Our team is changing the face of the HOA Property Technology space
as a trusted industry leader for over 30 years. Today, our products
enable over 1,500 of the highest-caliber property management
companies in the world to grow and protect their organizations. We
are a five-time winner of FLCAJ's Readers Choice Awards for our
solutions and support.
As a five-time winner of Tampa Bay's Top 100 Workplace, our
approach to work is proactive, collaborative, and committed. Our
team of 140+ are truly passionate about creating a best-run company
internally just as we create best-run Property Management Companies
for our customers. Learn about our Core Values here.
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries,
medical (including a $0 option for employees), dental, vision, life
and disability coverage, paid weeks' vacation, paid holidays,
tuition reimbursement, employee referral program and a 401(k) plan.
When possible, we also like to offer fun in-person perks like
pet-friendly offices, paid food trucks and company outings.
- Work with engineers to refine and design a robust and scalable
data management solution
- Design, implement, and maintain all data services and mentor
other engineers on the use of the services
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and
procedures. Use scripts to automate routine tasks and gathers
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring (memory
management, I/O tuning, replication, networking) as well as
refreshes, cloning, backup, and recovery
- Work with a team to provide 24x7 production support. Perform
advanced problem determination and root-cause-analysis.
RequirementsAuthorized to work in the US without sponsorshipMinimum
3 years experience building and maintaining complex production
database systemsKnowledge in: Experience with relational databases
including MySQL, Postgres or SqlServerKnowledge in: Expert
knowledge of at least one procedural language for at least one
database (PL/SQL, T-SQL, etc.)Knowledge in: Experience with Amazon
Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.)Knowledge in: Azure
experienceKnowledge in: MongoDBKnowledge in: PostgreSQL
Equal Opportunity EmployerEqual Opportunity Employer: All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
or national origin.
Keywords: TOPS Software, New Haven , SQL Server Database Administrator - Virtual/Remote, IT / Software / Systems , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!