Technical Project Manager - Packaging Automation
Company: Estee Lauder
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Description - External
Responsible for managing a portfolio of global complex automation
projects. Working closely with engineering, project management,
finance, marketing, operations, product managers, and third-party
vendors to deliver and produce targeted results, on time and on
This role will involve defining the technical specifications for
each project and executing on an outlined project plan. The role is
also responsible for the standardization of equipment in their
- Oversee multiple projects ranging from Proof-of-Concept (PoC)
to scalable deployment.
- Hands on programming of robot applications (mobile/static)
including data integration.
- Responsible for the global evaluation and standardization of
mobile robotics and warehousing equipment globally.
- Define and manage project scope, documenting project plan and
managing project beginning to end
- Seek out and investigate new technologies and better ways to
implement automation in the stream.
- Detailed technical knowledge of the automation equipment in the
- Technically vet solutions provided by equipment
- Prepare and communicate project performance, cost, and status
- Manages project & team meetings including developing agendas
and documenting decisions and action items.
- Identifies organizational gaps and influences stakeholders to
address gaps that impact the program/project.
- Manage program team meetings, including leading discussions to
drive to effective decisions and actions.
- Manages the planning and use of program/project resources and
works to secure adequate resourcing and budget alignment in
collaboration with finance and functional team members.
- Resolves complex problems and manages difficult stakeholder
- Is comfortable working independently within a matrix
environment and can coach, influence and mentor others.
- Minimum of a B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Experience with robotic based systems
- Manufacturing and Automation experience
- Proficient with MS Project, MS Office applications
- Preferred Lean and Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Hands on experience Mfg and Dist automation projects, Major
- KPIs - Degree of automation, Automation-based savings, ROI,
Robot utilization rate, Installed robotics base
- Preferred Degree: Mechanical / Mechatronic/Robotic
- 8 Years Experience
- Expected travel- 20%
Job: Manufacturing - Supply Chain
Primary Location: Americas-US-
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 2120341
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is
Company's policy not to discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex
or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military
service and veteran status, physical or mental disability,
protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local
law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The
Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation
consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and
prospective employees with a disability and to employees and
prospective employees with needs related to their religious
observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position
or any other position with the Company and you believe you require
assistance to complete an application or participate in an
interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.
Keywords: Estee Lauder, New Haven , Technical Project Manager - Packaging Automation, IT / Software / Systems , Melville, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!