HVC Performance Improvement System Administrator
Company: Yale NewHaven Health
Location: New Haven
Posted on: April 5, 2021
HVC Performance Improvement System Administrator
- Heart Vascular Center System
- Full Time Benefits Eligible
- 26302 mail_outlineGet future jobs matching this search or Job
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Heart and Vascular
Center (HVC) and Transplantation Center, the HVC Performance
Improvement System Administrator is responsible for ensuring that
HVC attains and maintains excellence in quality and safety through
performance improvement activities that will be in alignment with
the provision of patient centered, high value models of care. The
Performance Improvement System Administrator uses managerial,
interpersonal, project management, technical and analytical skills,
to improve and standardize HVC processes and workflows to
successfully meet quality, service, and financial objectives.
Responsibilities extend to all HVC locations throughout Yale New
Haven Health System
- 1.--Lead process improvement strategies, tactics, and
optimization activities, in support of HVC and YNHHS corporate
objectives and business plans.
- 2.--Plans, implements, and documents annual process
improvements and project activities based on structured process
improvement methodologies (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) with
particular focus on standardizing key business and clinical
practice-based workflows that will contribute to improvements in
operational and clinical outcomes.
- 3.--Develops strong relationships with key physician leaders
and builds support for the performance improvement work.
- 4.--Designs and delivers process improvement and project
management training programs as necessary.
- 5.--Leads the performance improvement team and directs the
performance improvement coordinators and service line educators
ensuring that improvement activities are prioritized and integrated
with all HVC entities.
- 6.--Develops and implements a training program that supports
the performance improvement work throughout all HVC inpatient and
- 7.--Facilitates the HVC grand rounds and performance
improvement teams to identify, align, and monitor projects along
with implementation and development of sustainability plans.
- 8.--Meets YNHHS Standards of Professional Behaviors including
demonstrating value for all people in the work environment and
modeling YNHHS Standards of Professional behavior for others.
- 9.--Participates in the expansion of HVC by supporting the
implementation of standard workflows in acquired facilities/centers
and integrating practices into HVC/YNHHS.
- 10.--Contributes to the strategic planning process by
identifying process improvement opportunities and issues in support
of the overall HVC strategic plan.
- 11.--Initiates registries and collaboratively work with YNHHS
abstraction team to ensure data integrity along with the
development of focused improvements based upon the data
- 12.--Utilized High Reliability (HRO) to categorize and identify
serious safety events. Works in collaboration to perform root cause
analysis and action plans with the responsible managers.
- 13.--Ensures the development of performance improvement
coordinators to maintain the data integrity of all registries and
reports created. Supports the growth of continual learning for
performance improvement coordinators and service line
- 14.--Work with CPPE to ensure education throughout YNHHS is
standardized in HVC.
- 15.--Collaborates with ASRA and all the regulatory bodies to
ensure maintenance and achievement of all regulatory bodies
including CMS, DPH, and the Joint Commission for house wide
accreditation and specialty certifications
- 16.--Works with HVC leadership teams to identify opportunities
for improvement regarding improvement in public reporting
- 17.--Ensures submission of successful improvement work at
State, National, and International conferences and or
EDUCATIONMaster Degree in health care administration or other
related field required.EXPERIENCEFive to seven years of experience
in a complex health care setting, preferably in a multi-site
clinical environment, implementing process improvement activities
using methodologies such as Lean or Six Sigma etc. Knowledge of
primary care practice redesign. Experience working with EMR systems
in an ambulatory setting. Strong working knowledge of physician
business and clinical office procedures and workflow. Clinical
experience is highly desired.LICENSURECertification in patient
safety or healthcare quality preferred. - Six Sigma and Lean
certification required.SPECIAL SKILLS1. Ability to train and
supervise employees with clear and accurate direction and guidance
that represents Y ?NHH positively and respects diversity is
required. 2. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem solving,
time management, written, oral communication skills are required.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft office tools and computer skills are
required. 4. Ability to succeed in a highly complex matrix health
system.PHYSICAL DEMANDLocal and regional travel is required in
order to provide services and support to practice locations and
departments throughout all regions of HVC/YNHHS.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale NewHaven Health, New Haven , HVC Performance Improvement System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!