Human Resource Generalist
Company: Little Flower
Location: Wading River
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: $60,000 - 70,000Great Opportunity to help
build a strong HR function for an amazing organization! Use your
Human Resource Skills to make a difference in people's lives. Learn
more at https://www.littleflowerny.org/ Position SummaryThe HR
Generalist position is responsible for aligning business objectives
with employees and management in designated program units. The
position serves as a partner to management on human
resource-related issues. The role assesses and anticipates
HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with the HR
department and program management, the HR Generalist seeks to
develop integrated solutions. The position serves to deliver
value-added service to management and employees that reflects the
objectives of the organization.Essential Job Functions:
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day
management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line
management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development,
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation
- In conjunction Director of HR, provides guidance and input on
business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession
- Identifies training needs for program units and individual
executive coaching needs.
- Develop and Facilitate HR functional training.
- Assist with roll-out of Ceridian Dayforce HR modules and
training for managers and employees.
- Assist with Benefits administration and communicating benefits
information to employees.
- Partner with program managers to manage the leave process.
- Source, interview, and onboard new hires for vacant
- Travel will be required depending on client needs. (two
positions, one in Wading River - the other supports both Wading
River and Queens)
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of HR.Essential
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified
Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential a plusExperience
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines,
including benefits, employee relations, diversity, performance
management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience working in a 24/7 environment
- Working in a trauma informed environment
- Union Experience Preferred
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is
- Demonstrated sensitivity and experience with and/or knowledge
of working with individuals who identify as LBGTQ, children and
adults with learning disabilities.Required Skills
- Must relate well with all levels of staff.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills in communicating orally;
and write clearly and concisely when communicating all
- Must be very organized and be able to effectively prioritize
tasks to ensure their timely completion.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment,
as well as part of a team.
- Ability to follow the appropriate industry regulations.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Coaching and leadership skills
- Must be computer-literate and must have knowledge of Microsoft
Office applications, and training tools.
Keywords: Little Flower, New Haven , Human Resource Generalist, Human Resources , Wading River, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!