H&M Retail Visual Merchandiser
Posted on: June 25, 2022
This Is H&M. Together We Make It Possible
Visual Merchandisers are responsible for one of our simplest
truths; if we share great fashion in the most creative way, we'll
grow our business. Sounds simple, right? Hold up - there are a lot
of moving parts. You must consider the way a store feels, the style
of the community that surrounds that store, the global H&M
guidelines, and last, but not least, what you think works. Simply
put, Visual Merchandisers sit at the intersection of our need to
share great fashion and H&M's business goals.
Overall Job Summary: Working at the heart of fast-pasted fashion
business, a Visual Merchandiser will create an environment that
inspires customers to explore their personal style. This role will
support and guide the store team to deliver the most inspiring and
exciting Customer Experience in line with the H&M brand and
values. You actively drive sales in the store and are responsible
to implement the Visual Identity to make H&M the No. 1 fashion
destination. The Visual Merchandiser will meet the expectations of
customers & colleagues at all times, as well as following all
H&M procedures & standards.
This position is within our Store and Sales Function and reports to
our Store Manager.
Core Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
The Visual Merchandiser will set the garment presentation on the
Sales Floor & Windows according to the Commercial Handbook.
Together with the Department Manager, the Visual Merchandiser will
determine additional commercial opportunities in the store within
the H&M brand guidelines. The role will execute floor moves
based on those joint decisions.
- Ensure you are up to date with current fashion trends
- Share, inspire and educate the store team on seasonal trend
Direct Customer Service
- Ensure you meet customer expectations on direct service
according to H&M standards.
- Support the store to achieve excellent customer service.
Indirect Customer Service
- Follow up the H&M Visual Identity through implementation of
the Commercial Handbook and secure well-styled GTL (Get the Look)
mannequins in windows and in store.
- Create a clear red thread from windows to A-area with wearable
- Ensure high quality, commercial garment presentation with good
garment care every day together with store team
- Provide good concept flow by maintaining the concept layout,
fixtures and navigation.
- Launch and maintain all sales campaigns and activities on time
and according to H&M standards.
Drive Sales Targets
- Identify opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and
sales with the Department Manager and then you execute changes
- Perform sales follow-up and initiate actions to reach sales
The Visual Merchandiser will support the Store team to enhance
customer and working experience in store through coaching. Together
with the Store Management team, the Visual Merchandiser will ensure
that all legal requirements and H&M policies are fulfilled.
Training and Development
- Evaluate & develop the visual and commercial skills of the
- Coach & develop Sales Advisors while executing floor moves
- Organize, provide and carry out visual training for all
colleagues to support garment presentation in line with the
- Seek Visual Merchandiser potential for succession.
Communication and Legal Requirements
- Ensure that all communication in the windows and on the sales
floor complies with local legislation.
The Visual Merchandiser will organize and plan the workload
according to business needs and commercial planner. The role will
ensure safety, security, and administration procedures are always
- Together with the Department Manager, you follow up on Store
KPIs & initiate actions to reach store goals and budgets.
- Adapt the store planning according to store needs and budget
from the Commercial plan.
- Complete and take action on the Best Brand portion of the Store
Experience Tool (S.E.T.) to maximize commercial opportunities.
Visual Store Operations Routines
- Complete the sample picking as well as execute the floor moves
in a way that creates clear stories and wearable buying
- Complete all sales floor and window morning routines daily
before store is open
- Handle Visual Merchandiser material and visual scheme
- Control quantity and condition of all incoming visual
- Maintain and care for all display and interior material with
sustainability in mind.
- Keep visual room organized and safe.
- Share information with team on Commercial handbook seasonal
changes & continue to evaluate throughout the season.
- Provide updates of all VM information material in the
- Ensure that the store always has enough Sale and Activity
- Paint the windows as necessary.
- Promote employee and customer safety
- Resolve health & safety, legal and security issues
- Prevent loss
- No financial accountability
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Associate's degree in a Fashion industry specialty
- 2 years of retail visual merchandising experience
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch,
engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items
(mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Must be able to work with hand and power operated tools and
lift in order to execute display set ups
- Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours at times
- May be required to travel to support other stores
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: H&M, New Haven , H&M Retail Visual Merchandiser, Hospitality & Tourism , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!