Cook - All Line Positions - flora
Location: Hampton Bays
Posted on: April 10, 2021
DescriptionWe are a growing restaurant group that is incredibly
passionate about the one thing that makes the world go round
people. We started with the dream of creating gathering places that
pair sun soft sand and refreshing breezes with good drinks,
chef-driven food, and great company. We are looking for
like-minded, talented, integrity-driven individuals to join our
journey and grow with us.Benefits Include:
- Growth Opportunities
- Health Insurance, including Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Discounted Meals
- Training & Development
- Employee Fitness ActivitiesActivities & Responsibilities
- Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as
equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and
sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by
regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers,
roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for
quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant s standard
portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen
rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains appropriate levels of food products at
line stations to support a smooth service period.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies
according to restaurant policies and procedures.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or
personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard
portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked
sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing
them with utensils.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb
for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush
- Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen
stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests
needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest
service standards and efficient operations.As a member of the RHG
team, you are an ambassador of our brands. You are passionate about
your role and always curious about how to make a guest s experience
memorable. You are naturally a social person and your welcoming
expression makes each guest feel like they are the only person in
the room. It comes naturally to you it s in your DNA. Their first
impression of RHG is a lasting one, and it all starts with
you.Rooted Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant s or employee s
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender
identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran
status, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, pregnancy, familial
status, actual or perceived status as a victim of domestic
violence, dating violence or stalking, or any other legally
protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or
local anti-discrimination laws.Requirements
- Ability to lift 12 kg.
- Reasonable range of motion such as bending, stooping, standing,
walking, stirring, lifting to complete physical tasks related to
- Reliable and capable of working independently or following
- Positive attitude and work ethic;
- Ability to work well under pressure with the ability to
self-manage timelines and deadlines;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Good judgment and strong sense of integrity;
- Excellent organization skills and ability to be flexible with
- An over communicator;
- Passion and love for the food and hospitality industry."
Associated topics: banquet, cocinero, complimentary, maker, prep,
restaurant assistant cook, restaurant cook, roasting, salad,
Keywords: Flora, New Haven , Cook - All Line Positions - flora, Hospitality & Tourism , Hampton Bays, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!