Restaurant Development Account Executive, Project By Slice (Connecticut)
Location: New Haven
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties
to gameday potlucks, life's special moments are bettered by the
craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias' counters.
We're here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our
communities for generations to come by giving them the digital
tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine
what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the
resources of Domino's?
As a Restaurant Development Account Executive for Project By Slice,
you will be responsible for getting existing Slice merchants bought
into the vision of By Slice and bringing on new pizzerias for the
program. We are looking for someone with strong organizational
abilities, relationship building skills, and a passion for managing
the details. You should thrive in an ever-changing startup
environment and be willing to contribute wherever necessary as
plans and priorities change. You will report to the GM, Project By
What You'll Do
- Must be able to travel within your territory meeting shops 4-5
days a week.
- Sell the By Slice offering to local pizza shops currently on
the Slice platform in your territory to help accelerate their
- Be the "face" of Project By Slice for existing Slice partners
learning about By Slice for the first time.
- Do whatever it takes to win merchants over and support them in
their growth; this means physically being in the shop,rolling out
new offerings, implementing best practices, or doing whatever else
- Provide feedback and new recommendations to the By Slice team
and Slice leadership based on gathering insights from restaurants,
as well as learnings and requests from restaurants
- Master the By Slice sales cycle - from lead generation to
closure to forging a successful partnership
- Close new business consistently above quota via inbound and
outbound opportunity creation
- Build relationships with prospects and stakeholders to grow new
- Maintain and manage your book of business to ensure your
portfolio of restaurants are set up for success and achieving
outsized growth and operational efficiencies.
- Assist the account management and By Slice teams in ensuring
successful onboarding and retention onto Project By Slice over the
initial months of the merchant's partnership.
- Sell new/additional services to the existing network when new
features and offerings are rolled out across the business
- Contribute a "play to win" mentality to the team, and come in
every day with a positive attitude.
What We're Looking For
- 3-5 years in sales or account management - ideally focused on
- Restaurant experience preferred
- Proficient in Google Docs and Excel
- High-energy and fearless - you'll do whatever it takes to
- Excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive
- Track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Self-starter and self-motivator
- Coachable and welcomes feedback for continuous
- Willingness to move quickly and adjust with all the nuances of
a startup culture
- Collaborative and flexible attitude and ability to handle
- Stellar time management skills with the ability to recognize
and focus on high priority tasks
- Strong "can do" attitude
- A valid driver's license and vehicle for travel
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology,
data insights, and shared services they need to serve today's
digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables
these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and
form the nation's largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice
makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and
discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the
digital challenges his family's New York City pizzerias faced.
Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices
globally. If you're ambitious, interested in growing your career,
and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we
may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we've recently won
for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building
an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone
is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected
veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable
national, federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Slice, New Haven , Restaurant Development Account Executive, Project By Slice (Connecticut), Hospitality & Tourism , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!