Pharmacist - Sign-On Bonus Available
Location: New Haven
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Provides pharmacy consulting services with empathy to patients
regarding the effective usage of medications and awareness with
drug interactions. Offers preventive and clinical healthcare
services, including immunizations, diagnostic testing, and patient
outcomes services. Responsible for ensuring the proper compounding,
dispensation, review, and verification of prescribed medications
within regulatory guidelines, company policies and procedures.
Supports the efficient workflow of the pharmacy and assists the
pharmacy manager in identifying ways to optimize pharmacy
financials, inventory management and enhance patient
- Engages patients by greeting them and offering assistance with
products and services. Resolves patient issues in a timely manner
and answers questions to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and joyful experience, including
interpersonal habits that show care (e.g., greeting, eye contact,
courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g., demonstrating
curiosity to identify needs and proactively helping, servicing
until satisfied, championing empathy and inclusivity, etc.).
- Connects with patients by anticipating needs and proactively
offering services. Supports efforts on enhancing patient experience
by increasing awareness of healthcare services offered through
Walgreens (e.g., patient consultation, medication management, drug
therapy reviews, and perform clinical, or wellness services such as
immunizations, diagnostic testing, and patient outcomes services)
thereby promoting the shift of the Walgreens pharmacy role from
transactional to interpersonal.
- Participates and assists in events that reflect the unique
communities we serve as requested by Store Manager, Healthcare
Supervisor, District Manager or Pharmacy Manager.Operations
- Counsels' patients and answers their questions regarding usage
of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient
information privacy, generics, less expensive medicines,
over-the-counter products, and refers to medical provider as needed
to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed,
and satisfaction with service.
- Performs pharmacist tasks including compounding, drug therapy
reviews, verification, and medication management.
- Reviews, interprets, and accurately dispenses prescribed
- necessitated by workload.
- Ensures the pharmacy operates in accordance with regulations,
company policies and standards. Assists pharmacy manager with
establishing procedures that promotes the efficient workflow of the
pharmacy including assigning roles, coordinating activities, and
soliciting team member suggestions. Responsible for the opening and
closing of the pharmacy and shift change duties.
- Ensures the use of all elements of the Good Faith Dispensing
policy in conjunction with state and federal controlled substance
laws when filling prescriptions. The Product Review/Retail Fill
Process Pharmacist is responsible for ensuring that elements of
Good Faith are present.
- Maintains current knowledge of information technology
associated with pharmacy systems including workflow, prescription
fulfillment, billing, clinical documentation, training, inventory
management, and point of sale registers to provide support to
patients as well as pharmacy staff. Seeks new and better ways to
further promote productivity.
- Ensures the accurate processing of insurance claims to resolve
patient issues and prevent payment rejections. Follows up with
insurance companies and medical providers and participates in
- Follow-up with medical providers' offices to clarify prescribed
medications, dosages, refills, interactions, and allergies to
suggest alternative medications, and answer medical provider
- Performs clinical and wellness services such as immunizations,
diagnostic testing, disease state management and other healthcare
- Assists and supports the pharmacy manager in analyzing
performance data including pharmacy financial, customer service,
and implementation of procedures for pharmacy asset protection and
- Develops and maintains good connections with local medical
community including physicians, nurses, and other healthcare
providers. Participates in community outreach activities to promote
the pharmacy business, enhance growth opportunities, and provide
more joyful lives through better health.
- Partners with centralized support for patient registration,
exception resolution, and assists with resolving patient issues. In
virtual environments, conducts virtual product review by following
specific company procedures and guidelines.People & Performance
- Assists the Pharmacy Manager with staff hiring and training.
Reinforces the direction of Pharmacy Manager in staff performance
by coaching, and providing constructive feedback, monitoring
customer service, and fostering team member development.
- Promotes teamwork and motivates team members by establishing
expectations, monitors and recognizes progress, and fosters a
shared vision.Training & Personal Development
- Maintains current knowledge and required
- established by federal and state regulations to provide such
- Maintains current knowledge and skills related to pharmacy and
healthcare by reading pharmacy related journals, company
publications, and communications. Maintains awareness of
developments in retail and management and pursues best practices
that would enhance performance.
- Obtains necessary certifications, education credits and
training, including learning modules, as required by the
- Seeks professional development by monitoring one's performance,
solicits for constructive feedback, and leverages pharmacy manager
and store manager as mentor and coach.Communications
- Supports the Pharmacy Manager and Store Manager by
communicating relevant corporate health and wellness services or
strategy information to pharmacy staff.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens www.walgreens.com is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy
and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc.
(Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader
with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA's purpose
is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating
nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the
U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health
destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens
pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by
providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services,
including those that drive equitable access to care for the
nation's medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs
of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel
experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms
supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products
and services in communities nationwide.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharmacist Degree from an accredited
- Current pharmacist licensure in the states within the
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that
demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and
federal controlled substance laws.
- Certified Immunizer or willing to become an immunizer within 90
days of hire.Preferred Qualifications
- At least 1 year experience as a pharmacist in a retail setting
including prescription filling and verification, records and legal
compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software and technology
systems and insurance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
To see the salary range for this position please click here: .If
you are applying on a job board or unable to click on the link,
please copy and paste this URL into your browser
Keywords: WALGREENS, New Haven , Pharmacist - Sign-On Bonus Available, Healthcare , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!