RN Homecare Admission Nurse
Location: New Haven
Posted on: September 14, 2023
-RN Homecare Admission Nurse -Masonicare Home Health & Hospice -
New Haven, CT
Day Shift / 40hrs/wk -The Homecare Admission Nurse ensures quality
and safe delivery of nursing and home health services rendered.
-Coordinates provision of home health care services that reflect
the agency philosophy and standards of home health and nursing care
of assigned clients. -Ensures quality and safe delivery of nursing
care services. -The primary function of this role to is to admit
patients to service. -This will include medication reconciliation
and completion of the Oasis data set. -An Admission Nurse typically
will do 2-3 Admissions per day, and may also do revisits as needed
to meet agency productivity.Admission Nurse RN - ESSENTIAL
- Responsible for carrying out the plan of care -for the -client
as developed by the nurse case manager while addressing all
problems in the plan of care, identifying interdisciplinary care
needs and making recommendations to the nurse case manager for
additional home health care services.
- Assists nurse case manager by providing coordination of the
plan of care, maintaining continuity of client care with other
health professionals assigned to the case, communicating changes in
status to other professionals/paraprofessionals and participating
in client care conferences
- Supervises patient care rendered by Licensed Practical
Nurses.Supervises, educates and conducts supervisory visits for
home health aides.
- Provides education, supervision and counseling to the -client
and family regarding home nursing procedures and other care needs
as appropriate to client's needs.Utilizes agency educational
material as appropriate.
- Documents timely and accurate computer entry of patient/job
information to facilitate the development of the OASIS data set,
orders for service, creation of time sheets and other required
patient/employment documents and reports.
- Participates in the agency's continuous quality improvement
- Communicates effectively and tactfully with clients,
recognizing their age, cultural diversity, needs, abilities and
- Can be depended upon to report to work on-time, use time off
appropriately, and complete annual education & medical
- Performs other duties as required.
- RN Licensure
- Prior Homecare experience. -recent
- Oasis Cert is a plus
- Must has a clean drivers license and reliable
- Provides nursing that demonstrates competent nursing
- Demonstrates competency in all skills required for best
- Demonstrates ability to utilize assessment data to address
physical and psychosocial needs of the patient.
- Demonstrates understanding of nursing process, interpersonal
relationships and dynamics. Maintains positive professional
- Demonstrates organizational, written, and verbal skills.
Demonstrates basic PC skills.
Keywords: MASONICARE, New Haven , RN Homecare Admission Nurse, Healthcare , New Haven, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!