Travel Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU/Critical Care
Company: Cynet Health
Location: Stony Brook
Posted on: March 18, 2023
- A Registered Nurse provides professional nursing services and
patient care in a variety of inpatient and outpatient
- A Registered Nurse follows established nursing process,
- assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention and
evaluation. A Registered Nurse ensures adherence to hospital or
department nurse procedures, standards and practices.
- Intensive Care Unit Nurses, also known as ICU nurses, are
registered nurses who specialize in caring for patients with
complex, serious illnesses or injuries that require close
monitoring.RN ICU Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides nursing care to critically ill patients in the
- Keeps all his/her patients under close observation and
administers prescribed medications and treatments.
- Provides assistance to the doctor or other medical personnel in
the assessment of patients and delivery of treatments, such as
dressing wounds, and monitors the life support equipment that
- Provides the patient's family with support as well as education
on how to give care to an invalid.
- Carries out both physical assessments of patients upon
admission to the hospital.
- An ICU nurse should also be able to give direction and guidance
to other licensed nurses and nursing assistants in the ICU
- Be able to draw blood from both a central and arterial line, as
well as give medication.
- Responsible for assigning duties within the ICU and monitoring
- Completes and documents initial assessment of the patient
according to the health care facility`s guidelines.
- Initiates and revises the patient's plan of care based on
- Includes patient teaching and discharge planning in overall
plan of care.
- Incorporates clinical and technical aspects of care with
nursing actions and interventions in accordance with established
policies, standards and procedures.
- Documents nursing interventions and patient response according
to hospital policy.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and methods of
- Practices within the limits of the state's Nurse Practice Act
and health care facility and nursing administrative policies.
- Supervises ancillary personnel in their performance of assigned
- Ensures patient confidentiality and the rights of the
- Maintains and updates skills needed for excellence in patient
care.Minimum Job Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing, with current
licensure in state practicing in good standing in the state of
- Evidence of current BLS and ACLS credential mandatory.
- Evidence of Minimum Two years of current hospital
Required for Onboarding
Keywords: Cynet Health, New Haven , Travel Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU/Critical Care, Healthcare , Stony Brook, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...