Reg Respiratory Therapist
Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Performs comprehensive respiratory assessment and respiratory
therapy as prescribed by a physician. Provides patient/family with
respiratory therapy education. Prepares, operates and maintains
respiratory test/care equipment.
- * Performs comprehensive respiratory assessment.
- Utilizes assessment data to determine patient*s actual or
- Performs bedside pulmonary function studies as per physician*s
- Collaborates with physicians on patient*s plan of care.
- Evaluates patient*s responses to respiratory care.
- * Utilizes a process in delivering care to assigned
- Performs physical chest therapy (cupping) to loosen and
mobilize secretions and mucus in the lungs and clears airway
blockage in the patient*s respiratory system, as needed.
- Assists in Pulmonary Stress Testing, when necessary.
- Performs standard suctioning techniques as indicated,
collecting the appropriate, requested specimens.
- Implements ventilator management/weaning protocols.
- Performs bronchial hygiene and airways care procedures.
- Collects blood for PH gas analysis, notifies physicians of
results and performs appropriate changes in ventilator
- Implements, monitors, and maintains non-invasive mechanical
ventilation. Monitors gas exchange via non-invasive measures
including pulse oximetry and capnography.
- Assists in the transport of mechanically ventilated patients
with artificial airways.
- Administers oxygen and humidification therapy as per
physician*s order and department policy. Initiates, monitors and
adjusts parameters on continuous mechanical ventilation.
- Responds to cardiopulmonary emergencies and renders care as per
- Provides emergent airway care including intubation, as per
- Implements ventilator management adhering to protocols as per
department and Intensive Care Unit standards.
- * Provides patient/family with respiratory therapy education as
- * Completes departmental paperwork as specified for each
assignment completed and assists with inventory control.
- * Adheres to established infection control protocols and fire
- Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited respiratory
therapist program, required. Bachelor*s Degree, preferred.
- Licensed in Respiratory Therapy in NY State, required.
- Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) from the National
Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC), required.
- Advanced or Basic Life Support certification, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Haven , Reg Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!