Company: Northwell Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Performs various biochemical, microscopic and bacteriological tests
to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- *Receives written requisitions from nursing units or outpatient
department for routine or special laboratory tests.
- * Prepares, calibrates and verifies performance of laboratory
- * Acquires specimens, such as blood, urine, sputum and various
other materials from nursing units or directly from patients, using
established laboratory techniques.
- * Prepares microscopic slides as necessary. Studies slides
using microscopic techniques or subjects specimens to automatic
analyzing equipment or manual techniques to make qualitative and
- * Posts all finding to laboratory worksheets, report forms or
computer for review by Laboratory supervisor.
- * Notifies Laboratory supervisors of any problems.
- * Identifies and labels all specimens to be retained and stores
them for further reference or use.
- * Maintains quality control program and is responsible for
primary review of all Q.C. data.
- * Maintain established hospital and departmental procedures and
policies, objectives, performance improvement, safety,
environmental and infection control and comply with requirements of
the New York State Department of Health, Joint Commission and
College of American Pathologists.
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor*s Degree
in Medical Technology, Required.
- Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a
Clinical Laboratory Technologist (or as appropriate to area of
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience and/or training
specific to the work being done in the area noted above,
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith
determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to
a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job
advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a
team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be
considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line,
years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated
contracts, budget and internal equity).
Keywords: Northwell Health, New Haven , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Riverhead, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!